Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

"Russians" in Dave Schultz

Since 2013 Russians didn't compete at dave schultz memorial. Now we have a four  "vodka" wrestlers:

70: Rasuz Dzhukaev (Silver World 2009)

74: Nikita Suchkov (Russian nat's runner up)

86: Arsen-Ali Musalaliev (Junior World champ, Russian nat's 3rd)

125: Adlan Ibragimov (def. Gwiz in Yarygin, Russian Nat's 3rd)  

Also Ilyas Bekbulatov could compete too. But he is not satisfied prize salary

1304665900_bunch_r3p6913-xl.jpg

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Sitting so close to Coach Jackson and Mark Perry! I love living close to the OTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool, I know the feeling. This time last year we had the Farrell at the NYAC. Same thing, got to meet so many world class wrestlers and coaches. Some of the toughest people on the planet yet some of the nicest people in the world.

This was the guy that beat Zahid?

Musalaliev, who just beat Downey, won JR Worlds in 2016 when Zahid took 7th but they didn't wrestle then. might have met some place else tho. maybe BtS.

edit: they met in the 2015 JR Worlds. Musalaliev beat Valencia 7-4.

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

I don't know the logistics (prize money, guarantees, accommodations, etc.) but I think having some weights with 5-man round-robins is not honoring Dave's memory.  Whatever the solution, a tournament with his name on it must be better.

agree! I think that a long flight expensive, expensive tigers are the reasons why there are so few wrestlers out there. Ivan Yarygin called the "money world championship" here. Not far from Japan, Mongolia. Azerbaijan and Georgia fly to Krāsnogorsk for about 7-8 hours, but it's better than flying to Colorado.

agree! I think that a long flight expensive, expensive tigers are the reasons why there are so few wrestlers out there. Ivan Yarygin called the "money world championship" here. Not far from Japan, Mongolia. Azerbaijan and Georgia fly to Krāsnogorsk for about 7-8 hours, but it's better than flying to Colorado.

I've been saying for years that expensive tigers are killing our participation numbers.  Having affordable tigers is considered a basic human right in most of the developed world.  Its truly shameful that we can't provide better priced felines for the worlds greatest sport ;)

I've been saying for years that expensive tigers are killing our participation numbers.  Having affordable tigers is considered a basic human right in most of the developed world.  Its truly shameful that we can't provide better priced felines for the worlds greatest sport ;)

wrestling is not commercial, not boxing or mma, i think UWW has a 3 hardest tournament, Ivan Yarygin, GGP Baku and Medved International