Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Flo video of Gilman speech

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/63079-video-thomas-gilman-goes-at-schwab-dresser-metcalf-at-iowa-fight-night#.WfupimiPI2x

Went here to see what all the Gilman drama was about (1:28 mark); left very impressed with Dresser and his delivery. Sounds like the kind of guy I'd want in my corner. Extra points for taking the high road and not engaging with Gilman's BS.

Kevin Dresser is becoming my hero real fast.

Gilman... he's immature and brash. He doesn't have the wits to match a Kevin Dresser at this point, but that comes with age. He'll get there someday.

Schwab, I love his humility. He's a worker and his team is coming around.

It does seem like Gilman is flying over peoples heads. Who was that comedian back in the 80s that nobody understood at the time?

He flew over their heads to the moon.  Andy Kaufman (RIP).  He was a DF of his time.  

Gilman is no Andy Kaufman, but he wins for USA and is a necessary segue until Fix is ready in 2019/2020.  

My question is was that some type of fundraiser event or coaches association group, or something like that? If so what I thought was really in bad taste, even if true, was saying Brands had better thing to do than be there? And following it up a little later with something to the effect of “we aren’t coming back”. I get it that you want to puff your chest and get a dig in at the other guys since that seems to be the format. I can let that part slide by just rationalizing it as Gilman sucks at his joke delivery. But that other stuff just seems like he was were disrespect the event and basically acting like they didn’t want to be there.

Edited by MadMardigain

It's a smack talking event, and so Gilman talked smack, though not particularly well.  Both Schwab and Dresser have taken shots at Iowa in the not-so-distant past, and Schwab took shots at Brands and Iowa immediately before Gilman got up there.  Dresser called the Iowa staff pussies a year and a half ago and most of you applauded him.  Having watched it, the only person I though he had any animus and/or lack of respect for was Kevin Dresser, and that was deserved if you are an Iowa staff member or wrestler.  Otherwise, he tried to be funny and wasn't very good at it.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Thomas Gilman. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Thomas’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gilman truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Gilmans’ existential catchphrase “Go Hawks,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Thomas Gilmans' genius wit unfolds itself on their Flowrestling. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Hawkeye tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 

Edited by BigRedMachine