Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Flo video of Gilman speech

Kevin Dresser at 1:41:00 hits the nail on the head.

"It was a different black and gold then. We didn't dodge anyone in those days, in fact we went out of our way to wrestle everybody as much and as often as we could."

That's the difference between Gable Iowa and Brands Iowa.

That’s what i don’t think you or others get. He don’t give a damn what you or others think. He was going there to settle it. They kept quiet. If they would have stepped up, fists would have been flying

If I’m at the point where I wanna fight (no more words). I’m not concerned with people saying I’m immature because I couldn’t use my words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bizarre statement.  If you're an adult calling people out and offering to fight them is extremely immature.  As is believing you "won" because they chose not to fight you. 

I’ll probably take heat here but I really don’t care.

People giving Dresser and Schwab a “thumbs up” for being “mature” or above Gimans antics is a joke.

Bottom line. Dresser/Schwab been taking shots at Brands and Iowa for YEARS!

Gilman obviously offended by all the BS over the years, shows up and calls them out face to face. No key board warrior, no innuendos. Face to face, man to man everyone he called out. Basically, saying “you want to talk ****, here I am, let’s take it outside”. I appreciate that take

So before everyone gets on your high horses. Think of it from his perspective. For years, these two have been talking smack(not to someone’s face but on social

Media). Gilman comes and calls them out to settle it like men.

Call me old school or not politically correct but what Gilman did was straight up, old school stuff.

You want to talk smack on message boards, social media, interviews then don’t be surprised when you may get physically confronted. Dresser and Schwab clammed up real quick

Is it a good look for Iowa? Probably not. I don’t think Gilman was worried about that. He was going there to throw down verbally and physically

Why does Gilman feel it's his place to defend the decisions of the coaching staff and come in as their attack dog? Did Schwab ever call out Gilman for Iowa not wrestling UNI? No. Did Dresser ever call out Gilman for the Hawkeyes not wrestling the Hokies? Nope; that was all coach to coach and everyone here knows that. Grow up, Thomas. Those words regarding those decisions had and still have nothing to do with you and were WAY over your head.

Dresser and Schwab didn't "clam up real quick." They acted like adults and allowed Gilman to look like the @$$#*!e he was during that rant. Why should either head coach step in and lower themselves to that level? In fact, you could see Dresser laugh a few times. I don't think he was laughing with Gilman in those moments.

With that, Dresser didn't "slow down [his] trash talk," he went right back at Gilman and Brands, but with wit. He wasn't up there to swear and get a reaction. he doesn't need to do that. He wasn't up there to call out teams and bash them. He doesn't need to do that either. The classy adult showed up, shut down Gilman's high and mightily ignorant speech with real insight and humor. No fist fights in the parking lot. No "I don't care what you think" type of speech. No, "if you didn't like me then, I don't need you as a fan" garbage. He just told a story about how the Hawks didn't need to talk and bash others. Everything you needed to know about them was done on the mat. That's how adults handle things.

Also, there's a difference between being "old school" and being "out of touch." In this case, it seems that you're much more the latter than the former.

That’s what i don’t think you or others get. He don’t give a damn what you or others think. He was going there to settle it. They kept quiet. If they would have stepped up, fists would have been flying

If I’m at the point where I wanna fight (no more words). I’m not concerned with people saying I’m immature because I couldn’t use my words

Again, exactly why people think he's an idiot. That crowd basically reacted the way one would expect, with silence. 

If what has been said got Gilman to the point where he wants to throw down, again, people are gonna think he's an idiot. 

Why does Gilman feel it's his place to defend the decisions of the coaching staff and come in as their attack dog? Did Schwab ever call out Gilman for Iowa not wrestling UNI? No. Did Dresser ever call out Gilman for the Hawkeyes not wrestling the Hokies? Nope; that was all coach to coach and everyone here knows that. Grow up, Thomas. Those words regarding those decisions had and still have nothing to do with you and were WAY over your head.

Actually, somone in the crowd asked why Iowa doesn't wrestle UNI and that is when Gilman said he would wrestle Schwab, Metcalf, Dresser, whoever.

He was trying to be funny but not good at it. Very poor comedic delivery. The parking  lot stuff was tongue and cheek, not a literal request.  

I actually found more of it to be funny that I expected but I think a good majority of it was inadvertent. Basically what it boils down to is Gilman just isn't that bright. It was pretty clear from the get go that he was not the right person to send out to represent your team/club. 

Dresser and Schwab didn't "clam up real quick." They acted like adults and allowed Gilman to look like the @$$#*!e he was during that rant. Why should either head coach step in and lower themselves to that level? In fact, you could see Dresser laugh a few times. I don't think he was laughing with Gilman in those moments.

With that, Dresser didn't "slow down [his] trash talk," he went right back at Gilman and Brands, but with wit. He wasn't up there to swear and get a reaction. he doesn't need to do that. He wasn't up there to call out teams and bash them. He doesn't need to do that either. The classy adult showed up, shut down Gilman's high and mightily ignorant speech with real insight and humor. No fist fights in the parking lot. No "I don't care what you think" type of speech. No, "if you didn't like me then, I don't need you as a fan" garbage. He just told a story about how the Hawks didn't need to talk and bash others. Everything you needed to know about them was done on the mat. That's how adults handle things.

Also, there's a difference between being "old school" and being "out of touch." In this case, it seems that you're much more the latter than the former.

Kevin Dresser literally called the Iowa staff pussies a year and a half ago, and everybody cheered on these boards.  Spare me the sanctimony.

Kevin Dresser literally called the Iowa staff pussies a year and a half ago, and everybody cheered on these boards. Spare me the sanctimony.

I thought he literally called them oranges. Didn't realize he used the specific term. Makes one of Gilman's jabs look even weaker Edited by LemonPie

I thought he literally called them oranges. Didn't realize he used the specific term. Makes one of Gilman's jabs look even weaker

He used the word on his podcast, then switched to oranges because he said his wife told him not to use the word anymore. Can't have it both ways, but I imagine this forum will find a way, since Iowa is involved....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

You guys do get that Brands not wrestling VTech , UNI or maybe even soon to be ISU has NOTHING to do with fear don't you?  He doesn't want to help those programs and Iowa wrestling them does exactly that.  You may not like his reasoning, but don't act like he was afraid.  That is simply ignorant.  You want to call it selfish?  I could agree with that.  But, afraid?  Come on..................

He used the word on his podcast, then switched to oranges because he said his wife told him not to use the word anymore. Can't have it both ways, but I imagine this forum will find a way, since Iowa is involved....

So Gilman called Dresser out for not using a word that he used. Cool

So is the language cool or not? I'm confused.

Eithet way, Gilman had the balls to say it to his face, not on a podcast from a distance.

Language is fine. Transcripts were hilarious. But Gilman was Gilman. Execution was brutal. It was like watching a high schooler doing a ****ty PowerPoint presentation.