Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Unexpected Midlands Team Scores

Can't say that I am shocked that Clarion leads this early in the event. According to their facebook page they only had one wrestler who doesn't have a win and the closest match for a Clarion wrestler has been a major decision with nearly everyone picking up a Fall.

Clarion didn't win the PSACs or beat Edinboro this year because they won the most matches. This team wins because of the aggressive style Coach Moore demands. These guys pick up bonus points often--separating themselves from their opponents! It started last year with bonus points getting the win over Old Dominion and it is, now, clear that the team in buying in this year.

1 21.0 Clarion (6 CH - 2 CO)

2 20.0 Lehigh (9-1)

3 17.5 Iowa (8-2)

4 17.0 Iowa St (7-3)

5 16.5 Missouri (8-3)

6 14.5 Cal Poly (5-4)

7 13.5 Pittsburgh (8-2)

8 13.0 Oklahoma (6-4)

9 12.5 Wisc-Madison (6-4)

10 12.0 Northern Iowa (4-5)

Not quite sure why Missouri has eleven scorers listed

http://buckeyewrestling.com/pdf/2010_Midlands_Session_1_Team_Scores_Complete.pdf

http://buckeyewrestling.com/pdf/2010_Midlands_Session_1_Individual_Bracket_Complete.pdf

1 21.0 Clarion (6 CH - 2 CO)

2 20.0 Lehigh (9-1)

3 17.5 Iowa (8-2)

4 17.0 Iowa St (7-3)

5 16.5 Missouri (8-3)

6 14.5 Cal Poly (5-4)

7 13.5 Pittsburgh (8-2)

8 13.0 Oklahoma (6-4)

9 12.5 Wisc-Madison (6-4)

10 12.0 Northern Iowa (4-5)

Not quite sure why Missouri has eleven scorers listed

http://buckeyewrestling.com/pdf/2010_Midlands_Session_1_Team_Scores_Complete.pdf

http://buckeyewrestling.com/pdf/2010_Midlands_Session_1_Individual_Bracket_Complete.pdf

Yeah...I sent an e-mail to Hammer...that's being straightened out.

I just noticed that Clarion only has 8 wrestlers at the event. I had heard that a large group of the guys on he roster (team split to Wilkes and Midlands) were unable to get back due to the snow storm. I was really looking forward to see how True Freshman and EWL Wrestler of the Week Anthony White would do at 149.

I think when this event is over, people will see how far Iowa has tumbled with the departure of Zalesky's recruits. Many Hawk fans become apopleptic when confronted with this. Iowa will not even a factor in Nationals this or the next few years. Their young "studs" like Nick and Nate Moore, Baldasaro, Evans, all Ballwegs, Ethan Lofthouse are mediocre as a group and Brand's 5th year seniors Kerr, Janssen and Luke Lofthouse are below average. The 4th year juniors like Johnson, Rasing and Ambrose are not so good either. This program is in DECLINE regardless of what some Hawk fans think.

I think when this event is over, people will see how far Iowa has tumbled with the departure of Zalesky's recruits. Many Hawk fans become apopleptic when confronted with this. Iowa will not even a factor in Nationals this or the next few years. Their young "studs" like Nick and Nate Moore, Baldasaro, Evans, all Ballwegs, Ethan Lofthouse are mediocre as a group and Brand's 5th year seniors Kerr, Janssen and Luke Lofthouse are below average. The 4th year juniors like Johnson, Rasing and Ambrose are not so good either. This program is in DECLINE regardless of what some Hawk fans think.

You're not really this stupid are you? Ripping on Nick/Nate Moore, Evans, Mark Ballweg and Ethan Lofthouse when they are Freshman/Sophs. Baldasaro isn't even on the team. The team hasn't lost a dual this year after replacing all but one starter. Why did you conveniently forget to mention Brands' recruits McDonough, Ramos and Gramball? Johnson, Ramos and Ambrose were not bluechip recruits so I don't understand your argument there.

You're not really this stupid, are you? Iowa is in trouble for Nationals without Zalesky's recruits. Duals are minimally important and you have not wrestled Oklahoma State, Penn State, Boise State, Cornell or Oklahoma. Brands backed out of the National Duals as he at least knew his team was too weak. Again, his 5th year seniors are not good, his 4th year juniors are worse and other than McD and Gambrall his other recruits have done little. Time will bear me out that as far as Nationals, you are in trouble and a program in decline. Talk all you want but I think Brands looked confused and almost dazed yesterday. Iowa will not win the NCAA for a few years, maybe longer.

You're not really this stupid, are you? Iowa is in trouble for Nationals without Zalesky's recruits. Duals are minimally important and you have not wrestled Oklahoma State, Penn State, Boise State, Cornell or Oklahoma. Brands chickened out of the National Duals as he at least knew his team was too weak. Again, his 5th year seniors are not good, his 4th year juniors are worse and other than McD and Gambrall his other recruits have done little. Time will bear me out that as far as Nationals, you are in trouble and a program in decline. DSJ looked like a pansy. Talk all you want but I think Brands looked confused and almost dazed yesterday.

I beg you to find one other program that replaces all but 1 starter and dominates the following year.

I don't think any Iowa fan is under the illusion that they are favorites this year but to make a blanket statement that the program is in decline when they just had the top recruiting class a year ago is insane. Ripping on freshman wrestlers is asinine. What did Dan Dennis, Phil Keddy and Dan Erickson accomplish their first year on the mat? All they did is go on to earn All-American status.

I am neither insane nor asinine. The Hawk Forum's Hawk fans have been stating that they are a very good team, will keep getting better, and you think they will be back on top in the near future. I think Iowa is a soso team and time will show Brands to be a soso coach. You are in decline and time will prove me correct.

I am neither insane nor asinine. The Hawk Forum's Hawk fans have been stating that they are a very good team, will keep getting better, and you think they will be back on top in the near future. I think Iowa is a soso team and time will show Brands to be a soso coach. You are in decline and time will prove me correct. Hawk fans will ultimately turn on TB as they did on Z.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McD loses, no champs, 1 finalist, poor performances by Ramos, Ballweg at 149, St. John, Kerr, GG, LL, Rasing, Johnson, Telford, Chiri and no-shows by 2 Moores. Let the excuses begin. Oh, and the Hawks are not as young as some people say, just inexperienced and not very good. Iowa is in huge trouble and 2 friends who were there told me Brands looks absolutely baffled as what to do. Iowa will not be a title contender under him (without Zalesky's recruits). Take it to the bank and let the Hawk crying and complaining begin.

I do not like the Hawks but lived here all my life, wrestled and know many people who have been in the program. Anyone who knows much about them is that Z did almost all the recruiting in later years due to Gables's health issues, among other things. Gable called it Z's team prior to the 170 point Dome blietzkrieg. I heard this myself from Gable on Wednesday, the day before wrestling began.

Hey, smoot27, thanx for calling me insane, and ban basketball, Iowa is not quite on top, right? 3rd, 3rd and 4th, by 28, 45.5 and 127 combined points. No titles in the near future.

Hey, smoot27, thanx for calling me insane, and ban basketball, Iowa is not quite on top, right? 3rd, 3rd and 4th, by 28, 46.5 and 127 combined points. No titles in the near future.

You need to take a breath, sit back and count to ten billion when you post like that.

Hey, smoot27, thanx for calling me insane, and ban basketball, Iowa is not quite on top, right? 3rd, 3rd and 4th, by 28, 46.5 and 127 combined points. No titles in the near future.

Just discovering this thread now, are we?

For the record, the sooner that Iowa ISN'T near the top the happier that I'll be, but that still doesn't negate the fact that they'll always be near the top, year after year.

I do not like the Hawks but lived here all my life, wrestled and know many people who have been in the program. Anyone who knows much about them is that Z did almost all the recruiting in later years due to Gables's health issues, among other things. Gable called it Z's team prior to the 170 point Dome blietzkrieg. I heard this myself from Gable on Wednesday, the day before wrestling began.

Donnie you are way off if you really believe that was not Gable's team that wreastled lights out at the Dome in RECORD breaking IOWA STYLE!

Hey, alwayswrestling: I know it was Gable's team of record, but Gable himself called it Jimmy's team at a function I was at. Gable was on crutches all year, and he said Jimmy had recruited and coached the team. Did Gable put it all together and deserve most of the credit? Yes, in my opinion. Others think Jimmy deserved more credit than he got. On the record, I believe Gable to be the greatest coach ever in any sport at any level. I went to many, many wrestling meets with his dad, Mack.