Sign in to follow this  
jcjcjc

Gilman's rhetoric

The Gable era is over. Is the new Iowa style an attempt to iimitate Trump's name calling and psuedo caveman tough guy campaign? 

Gilman's rhetoric is basically, "I don't care what people say...I offer to fight people who say things I disagree with."

What does it say about the Iowa program that they chose to have this guy speak for them? It wasn't a wrestling seminar. It was a speaking engagement. 

I have a suspicion that they may have led the boy astray.  The event is supposed to be a raucous, wise-guy, we're better than you kind of thing.  You could see the way that Schwab came in loaded for bear.  Even Dresser had some rough commentary.  It's called Fight Night.  The problem may be that Gilman is younger, not as polished yet, and he doesn't get the "iron fist in velvet glove" approach:  Stay away from personal attacks, stay away from profanity, speak from a team point of view, give 'em a wink and a smile at the right time, etc.   

They should have never put him in that position without better coaching.  The internet keeps this stuff alive forever. 

Just my opinion.   

I think the difference is Gilman is dumber than the other speakers. That hat isn't fooling anyone. 

I can say that now because I'm officially not allowed to like him anymore, sense I liked him more as a team USA member than a Hawkeye.

Edited by hammerlockthree

I have a suspicion that they may have led the boy astray. The event is supposed to be a raucous, wise-guy, we're better than you kind of thing. You could see the way that Schwab came in loaded for bear. Even Dresser had some rough commentary. It's called Fight Night. The problem may be that Gilman is younger, not as polished yet, and he doesn't get the "iron fist in velvet glove" approach: Stay away from personal attacks, stay away from profanity, speak from a team point of view, give 'em a wink and a smile at the right time, etc.

They should have never put him in that position without better coaching. The internet keeps this stuff alive forever.

Just my opinion.

That on Gilman. It’s not like the event is a secret. He should’ve done his homework. Instead, he sounds like an idiot.

It was super entertaining! Albeit a bit cringy

I think the difference is Gilman is dumber than the other speakers. That hat isn't fooling anyone.

I can say that now because I'm officially not allowed to like him anymore, sense I liked him more as a team USA member than a Hawkeye.

I like that he pretended to read a book for his FloDoc

Gilman is a turd and always has been. Iowa under team brands claims moral highground but accepts people like Pat Downey to stay relevant and puts guys like Thomas Gilman in the spotlight to cuss and make an ass of himself and the program. They will continue their downward trend to obscurity and lose out on top recruits. It's best not to give them too much undeserved attention as it happens IMO.

It’s hilarious when someone calls another person dumb but doesn’t know the difference between since and sense.

Gilman is a turd and always has been. Iowa under team brands claims moral highground but accepts people like Pat Downey to stay relevant and puts guys like Thomas Gilman in the spotlight to cuss and make an ass of himself and the program. They will continue their downward trend to obscurity and lose out on top recruits. It's best not to give them too much undeserved attention as it happens IMO.

You call Gilman out for cursing and immediately curse after it. Do you know what the definition of being a hypocrite is?

*They will continue to lose out on the top recruits* one year after having the top recruiting class in the country, and one of the biggest HS recruits of all time as the headliner as well as another monster in Jacob Warner.  Truly amazing logic.  This season will be down, but they will have top 3-5 level talents next year at 125, 149, 157, 165, 197 and HWT.

I agree at 157 and 197. Lugo is always gone to be a fringe aa type guy style wise imo, marinelli is at a loaded weight (though I wouldn't be surprised to see him high on the podium) and stoll literally doesn't have an offensive move in his arsenal (plus he has a bum knee). They had a great recruiting class last year but had nothing this year and no money coming off the books other than Sorenson.

The Gable era is over. Is the new Iowa style an attempt to iimitate Trump's name calling and psuedo caveman tough guy campaign? 

Gilman's rhetoric is basically, "I don't care what people say...I offer to fight people who say things I disagree with."

What does it say about the Iowa program that they chose to have this guy speak for them? It wasn't a wrestling seminar. It was a speaking engagement. 

Gilman should run for a political office.    

Edited by stp

u4s2c.jpg