VakAttack

The end of today's FRL and the implications for college wrestling

This is not just about RTC and it doesn't really matter if people have or don't have an issue, it only matters if whats been going on is a violation of NCAA rules and if the NCAA even cares to look into it.

One more thing matters. If what is going is is totally above board, which I believe it is, then the promulgation of false information and gossip should come to a stop. 

Witherman, you can wish stuff to happen all you want, but you can also grow really old hoping and waiting for it to be true 

I would never wish for something like this to happen.  If true, which I believe there is a good possibility of it being so, it would be a deathblow to the RTC system.  A point I agree with you on is that the RTC system is a big reason why we are seeing so much senior level success at this point in time.

But at the same time, I refuse to bury my head in the sand and ignore what's almost certainly happening, at multiple institutions (not pointing the finger at your beloved nittany lions).  If we refuse to acknowledge that there may be some fishy business going on and just ride this train as long as we can, the punishment from the NCAA will be much more swift and brutal.

This is so easy to detect, I doubt any programs are actually doing it.

care to elaborate how it would be so easy to detect?  there is no payscale or mandates on how RTC athletes should be paid.  you don't get $x.xx if you make a world team.  you get what they pay you or agree to pay you, and if there's a napkin agreement that says they'll pay you $x.xx if you take 20% less scholarship your senior year, there's absolutely no way to prove that.

I would never wish for something like this to happen.  If true, which I believe there is a good possibility of it being so, it would be a deathblow to the RTC system.  A point I agree with you on is that the RTC system is a big reason why we are seeing so much senior level success at this point in time.

But at the same time, I refuse to bury my head in the sand and ignore what's almost certainly happening, at multiple institutions (not pointing the finger at your beloved nittany lions).  If we refuse to acknowledge that there may be some fishy business going on and just ride this train as long as we can, the punishment from the NCAA will be much more swift and brutal.

So you actually believe that head wrestling coaches are saying to recruits something like this:

"Hey Jimmy Joe, if you come to our University we will give you some scholarship money now, and the rest will be paid for by loans which we will pay off for you down the road when you wrestle for our RTC"

Just like that? You actually think it is being worded like this? I think you are naive in the extreme. 

care to elaborate how it would be so easy to detect? there is no payscale or mandates on how RTC athletes should be paid. you don't get $x.xx if you make a world team. you get what they pay you or agree to pay you, and if there's a napkin agreement that says they'll pay you $x.xx if you take 20% less scholarship your senior year, there's absolutely no way to prove that.

I doubt the NCAA has a high bar for proof. It's not a court of law. If a pattern like this is identified, an investigation would ensue and severe damage would result.

So you actually believe that head wrestling coaches are saying to recruits something like this:

"Hey Jimmy Joe, if you come to our University we will give you some scholarship money now, and the rest will be paid for by loans which we will pay off for you down the road when you wrestle for our RTC"

Just like that? You actually think it is being worded like this? I think you are naive in the extreme. 

LOL you think someone else is NAIVE!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAhhHAHAHAHAhHAh

I doubt the NCAA has a high bar for proof. It's not a court of law. If a pattern like this is identified, an investigation would ensue and severe damage would result.

Yeah, sure. They are going to ruin the RTC system that has turned the USA into the #1 Senior Level Wrestling Country and produced Gold Medals to bail out a handful of crybaby coaches who can't draw flies to their own home duals, and they will do this because some recruit tells them something he may or may not have heard correctly or even understood and that which the coach has no need to even explain to them because it is self evident to begin with.

Sure they are. You keep believing that. 

Edited by TBar1977

Hammerheadshuck thinks that if he believes it, then its true. Not that he can spot the fallacy in his thinking.

In all seriousness this here is the truth. Hammerhead never replies to posts he disagrees with with a single thought or explanation as to why he disagrees. He just responds with one liners like "you're stupid" or "you're dumb."

Well....What are Jimmy Joes credentials?

You guys - and you know who you are - ruin every fkng thread on this board.  It may be asking too much but I think we mostly come here for the scores, injury updates, prognostications, some excellent photo shop, etc.  Basically informed chatter and camaraderie. 

As we enter into what should be a terrific season for individuals (125, 141, 165 through 197!!, second place at HVY), and team competitions perhaps maybe we can not hit Post on the "Your stupid / No, you're stoopid" commentary? 

We're all ex-wrestlers I assume and, in general, would never do this crap face to face. 

Hope springs eternal in the human breast.