VakAttack

The end of today's FRL and the implications for college wrestling

So who is doing that? And don't just make a claim that someone is doing it, cite a credible source that has hashed this out in the public view. 

Ive obviously missed quite a few pages of this thread over the weekend, but wanted to answer you - I dont know who is doing what.  Im just saying that this is what causes questions to come up, and I have heard it talked about generally within college sports (not just wrestling and RTCs).  I posted on here years ago that a guy worked for me who is a PSU Letterman's Club member (played football back in the 70's) told me that he had no concerns about PSU losing schoolies back when they were on probation because there was a "fund" to pay back kids student loans when they graduate, so they'd still get enough guys to have a decent team.  I got lambasted on here for even bringing it up and I have no idea if there is any truth to it.

That said, I would not be surprised one iota if there are slush funds out there for the big programs.  And I am not saying this would be PSU specific, TBar, so chill.

That said, I would not be surprised one iota if there are slush funds out there for the big programs.  And I am not saying this would be PSU specific, TBar, so chill.

You can count the schools that could even have such slush funds on one hand, maybe one and a half hands. Just saying.

For a long time, the summer camp work was the way to lower recruits' financial burden in wrestling. To suggest RTCs might now be factors too isn't astoundingly controversial. I have zero clue whether it happens or not, but like you, would not be surprised if it did. For the longevity of the sport, I just hope that if it's happening, it's done so that proving it is practically impossible.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

You can count the schools that could even have such slush funds on one hand, maybe one and a half hands. Just saying.

For a long time, the summer camp work was the way to lower recruits' financial burden in wrestling. To suggest RTCs might now be factors too isn't astoundingly controversial. I have zero clue whether it happens or not, but like you, would not be surprised if it did. For the longevity of the sport, I just hope that if it's happening, it's done so that proving it is practically impossible.

Agreed

Ive obviously missed quite a few pages of this thread over the weekend, but wanted to answer you - I dont know who is doing what.  Im just saying that this is what causes questions to come up, and I have heard it talked about generally within college sports (not just wrestling and RTCs).  I posted on here years ago that a guy worked for me who is a PSU Letterman's Club member (played football back in the 70's) told me that he had no concerns about PSU losing schoolies back when they were on probation because there was a "fund" to pay back kids student loans when they graduate, so they'd still get enough guys to have a decent team.  I got lambasted on here for even bringing it up and I have no idea if there is any truth to it.

X & Y

There you go, Jason. Anyone can claim anything, and lots do. An athlete, a former athlete, a friend of a former athlete, a recruit, the father of a recruit, a disgruntled coach. Look at this right here. You acknowledge that you don't know, then you kind of say you do know because you have a friend who told you something. 

If you are kinda certain it is going on then you should go tell the NCAA and point them towards your friend. Seriously. I am guessing that is never going to happen, though.

There you go, Jason. Anyone can claim anything, and lots do. An athlete, a former athlete, a friend of a former athlete, a recruit, the father of a recruit, a disgruntled coach. Look at this right here. You acknowledge that you don't know, then you kind of say you do know because you have a friend who told you something.

If you are kinda certain it is going on then you should go tell the NCAA and point them towards your friend. Seriously. I am guessing that is never going to happen, though.

You are so paranoid. Relax dude. This is a discussion, and I am simply discussing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Jasonmitchell32

You are so paranoid. Relax dude. This is a discussion, and I am simply discussing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. A bunch of wrestling fans have cooked up some theory where they acknowledge they don't r eally know anything and they talk about it like its real and it will amount to something. They do this for years now ... and I'm the paranoid one? 

LMFAO. 

You guys are going to grow old worrying about something that you have no idea is even happening, and the odds of it going on are slim to none. 

You guys don't have to believe me.

People can and do say a lot of things, and some people will buy anything you tell them. If you want to believe something bad enough, you are going to believe it no matter what.

Some people still believe in bigfoot.

Edited by TBar1977