74 replies to this topic

#41 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

Yanni totally controlled the match.

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#42 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

Yanni totally controlled the match.

Lee is excellent.

Yianni might dethrone Heil

#43 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:57 AM

Lee is good but overhyped... not saying he won’t be in the AA discussion but he is a fringe rd of 12 guy right now.
  • spladle08 likes this

#44 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

Lee is good but overhyped... not saying he won’t be in the AA discussion but he is a fringe rd of 12 guy right now.

He isn't yet physically strong enough for the top guys. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#45 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

I'm partly guilty for hyping Lee a little too much before he faced tougher competition.   I think my best parallel for Lee right now is a young Devin Carter - really good and aggressive on his feet, hammer on top.  Destroys people he's better than but gets himself into trouble against tougher guys with his lack of defense and being aggressive when he shouldn't. 

• spladle08 likes this

#46 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

With all the abuse allegations going around y'all better get written consent before hopping on Yianni's nuts...
He's right there around Thorns level, could AA , could not place, tough weight to believe in anyone as strongly as some of you do this unproven freshman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#47 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

lack of defense and being aggressive when he shouldn't. 

Bingo. It's more this than strength or anything else. He still wrestles like a HS kid, albeit an elite HS kid.

#48 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

I think you’re right, he does have the skill set, that’s for sure... if he were at 33 he would be in the Gross Brock Micic discussion.

#49 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

I think you’re right, he does have the skill set, that’s for sure... if he were at 33 he would be in the Gross Brock Micic discussion.

Lee or Yianni

#50 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

With all the abuse allegations going around y'all better get written consent before hopping on Yianni's nuts...
He's right there around Thorns level, could AA , could not place, tough weight to believe in anyone as strongly as some of you do this unproven freshman.

Probably good advice but I've been fixed to his nuts for two years and can't stop now. Yianni is one of the special ones. Very athletic and mentally strong with super-short memory. My biggest concern was his history of injury but the surgeries look to have gotten his arms back to 100%. Remember he is wrestling at this level as an 18 year old true freshman just coming off major surgery and an extended layoff. He will be the most improved 141 lber come March. I'm not saying he's going to win, but he will be a contender and can beat anybody on any given day.

Edited by wrestlingnerd, 12 November 2017 - 08:41 AM.

• Cletus_Tucker and rcoates1 like this

#51 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Lee

#52 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Well both if they were small enough

#53 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

I was replying to tbar

#54 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Probably good advice but I've been fixed to his nuts for two years and can't stop now. Yianni is one of the special ones. Very athletic and mentally strong with super-short memory. My biggest concern was his history of injury but the surgeries look to have gotten his arms back to 100%. Remember he is wrestling at this level as an 18 year old true freshman just coming off major surgery and an extended layoff. He will be the most improved 141 lber come March. I'm not saying he's going to win, but he will be a contender and can beat anybody on any given day.

100% he's nails, but as you highlighted he's 18 and the weight is extremely experienced . This year an AA finish is a win, next year he'll be in the mix for the gold.

#55 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Is Yianni wrestling for Cornell this year? I mean starting. 

#56 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

100% he's nails, but as you highlighted he's 18 and the weight is extremely experienced . This year an AA finish is a win, next year he'll be in the mix for the gold.

We're not that far apart but I think he has a legit shot this year. He will improve a lot in the Cornell room over the next 4+ months.

• spladle08 likes this

#57 WrestlingFan89

WrestlingFan89

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

How are Micic and Brock still in the Gross conversation?

#58 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

Is Yianni wrestling for Cornell this year? I mean starting.

Yes

#59 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Agreed, Heil, Jack and Meredith will outscramble him. Not to say he isn’t elite but he will have a tough time cracking the defense of those three. He could win it all this year or he could not even AA. I feel the same about Meredith (he takes a lot of losses in season).
  • spladle08 likes this

#60 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

How are Micic and Brock still in the Gross conversation?

Does he pin or tech or major each of them every time? I guess that’s why they’re still in the conversation of the other two that could win. I wonder how Darian Cruz won a title last year?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users