Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • iGranby likes this

#62 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

Agreed, Heil, Jack and Meredith will outscramble him. Not to say he isn’t elite but he will have a tough time cracking the defense of those three. He could win it all this year or he could not even AA. I feel the same about Meredith (he takes a lot of losses in season).

We'll see about that in March. First, I feel Heil deserves his own category over the other two. With Heil possibly excepted, I don't think anybody else at the weight will beat Yianni because they outscramble him. He may get outhorsed or beat on the mat because he doesn't have man strength yet, but Yianni can scramble with anyone at the weight.

• pish6969 likes this

#63 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

Agreed, Heil, Jack and Meredith will outscramble him. Not to say he isn’t elite but he will have a tough time cracking the defense of those three. He could win it all this year or he could not even AA. I feel the same about Meredith (he takes a lot of losses in season).

Not all that accurate. Meredith was 25-4 going into NCAA's the year he took 2nd and was 27-6 entering Last year. Of those 6 losses 2 were to Heil, 1 to McKenna, 1 to Ward, 1 to McCrystal(who started off on fire) and the last was to Lewallen(probably the best backup there was last season).

With that said, he is a gamer. He seems to love the big stage. He hasn't seemed to match up well with Heil, but he has consistently given Jack fits and can take out anyone else at that weight.

Edited by MSU158, 12 November 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#64 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

141 is quickly becoming massively overrated.  DiCamillo made the final last year.  Yianni can absolutely win it.  

• madcat11 likes this

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#65 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

141 is quickly becoming massively overrated.  DiCamillo made the final last year.  Yianni can absolutely win it.  

Perhaps, but every year Heil is on the list as most likely to get beat and not win another title, and every year so far there he is.  

#66 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

I would agree with this but would say that there's a lot more parity in the weight as opposed to the other weights. Someone who is likely to take 2nd here is just as likely to finish as a R12 guy...
  • spladle08 likes this

#67 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

I was impressed with Yianni today but I always think November is too early to anoint a kid the champ...especially a freshman.  I want to see what he does against a more seasoned kid, and there are a lot of seasoned 141lbrs out there.

#68 lu_alum

lu_alum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

How are Micic and Brock still in the Gross conversation?

and Parker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#69 iGranby

iGranby

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Even after seeing those results (I did not watch, so take this with a grain of salt I suppose) I still stand by what I said. Yianni is a solid 4th/5th IMO. 

Also, the race at 133 is for 2nd. Gross only gets better as the year goes on and he was 7 points better than Micic in week 1... 

I would also be shocked if Parker got another win over Brock. Did you watch that match? Crazy, I cant recall seeing anything like that in recent memory. 

Edited by iGranby, 13 November 2017 - 12:46 AM.

• WrestlingFan89 likes this

#70 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,245 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Now he should be ranked borderline top 10

Pumped for him to beat Eierman

#71 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Even after seeing those results (I did not watch, so take this with a grain of salt I suppose) I still stand by what I said. Yianni is a solid 4th/5th IMO. 

Also, the race at 133 is for 2nd. Gross only gets better as the year goes on and he was 7 points better than Micic in week 1... 

I would also be shocked if Parker got another win over Brock. Did you watch that match? Crazy, I cant recall seeing anything like that in recent memory. 

Mitch McKee just lost to Gross 8-4. McKee got two 3rd period take downs. It could have been closer if McKee would stop instinctively going to that freestyle chest wrap position which led to 6 of Gross' points. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#72 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

I have a strong feeling Yianni D is just getting warmed up.

#73 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

I feel pretty confident in predicting Yianni over Eirmann. Eirmann lives in wild scrambles and can be dangerous as anyone in the country, but Yianni has such solid fundamentals that I don't see him allowing Eirmann to funk his way to a W. I think the top 4 of 141 are Heil, Jack, Meredith and Yianni. The next tier I think is Eirmann, Ashnault and maybe McKenna with about 8 more solid guys filling in behind them.

#74 Crotalus

Crotalus

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

^Eierman

#75 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted Today, 04:21 AM

I have a strong feeling Yianni D is just getting warmed up.

18 year old true freshman just fully recovered from a long post-surgery layoff just getting used to having to study at a top academic school for the first time. As I’ve been saying about Yianni, it’s practically guaranteed (barring re-injury) that he will improve substantially in 3 months, i.e. at a faster rate than anyone else at the weight.

Edited by wrestlingnerd, Today, 04:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users