Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Bo vs Zahid

I do think zahid is the best wrestler out of BoJo, Hall and himself. They’re all very close. I don’t think any of them are leaps and bounds better than one of the others. 174 will be fun to watch as the season unfolds. My hopes are a BoJo Zahid final, an epic semifinal win for zahid over Hall.

I do think zahid is the best wrestler out of BoJo, Hall and himself. They’re all very close. I don’t think any of them are leaps and bounds better than one of the others. 174 will be fun to watch as the season unfolds. My hopes are a BoJo Zahid final, an epic semifinal win for zahid over Hall.

Unless Valencia loses on Sunday, I dont see any way that Hall and Bojo dont meet in the Semis at the NCAAs

Zahid just appears to have a higher ceiling than Bo.   Bo looks to be a finished product, while Valencia looks like he's still developing and improving.    I can see Valencia winning as many NCAA titles as Bo has AA finishes.     

so you are saying Bo won't even AA this year? 

Unless Valencia loses on Sunday, I dont see any way that Hall and Bojo dont meet in the Semis at the NCAAs

This would be interesting. What if both Zahid and Hall were undefeated? All-Star match isn't supposed to count and both would own a pair of victories over BoJo. Hall returning champ.

Punish Hall and good luck getting anyone to wrestle the All-Star Classic

Edited by LemonPie

The rankings have already reflected Hall losing to Valencia. So there is that

And here I thought we were talking seedings.  But yes, I suppose the coaches rankings could be influence by the All-Star match.  

Edited by LemonPie

All Star does not impact seeding. It is an exhibition match. Flo and interest rankings do not follow the seeding criteria. They aren’t seeding rankings.

The all star classic won’t have any affect in seeding at nationals... if zahid and hall are both undefeated come March hall will get the top seed.

So you are saying last season will play a role in the seeding for this years tournament?

I’m pretty sure if you’re a returning national champion with an undefeated record you will have the advantage in seeding over another undefeated wrestler. The all star classic is an exhibition so it’s not taken into account during seeding.

I think the thing I like the most interesting piece of this discussion is that we will get to see them wrestle multiple times throughout the year!!

• I don't believe we will see Hall vs Bojo again until the NCAA's (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
  • we will see Zahid vs Amine tomorrow
  • Zahid vs Bojo on sunday
  • Zahid vs Bojo vs Amine in vegas (course depends on how brackets shake out)
  • possbily see Bojo vs Hall @ scuffle
  • Hall vs Amine @ dual
  • Hall vs Bojo vs Amine @ B1G's
What an amazing season of wrestling we will get to watch @ 174!!!

EDIT: forgot to mention - this all only happens if everyone starts their studs at these duals.

What’s with the first bullet?

Chalk me up to the talent is only one facet in our sport.  Just like the strongest, fastest, etc. etc. guy doesn't always win.  Zahid is awesome and has a higher ceiling, not sure that's all that debatable.  But Bo can win, and it wouldn't be a surprise at all.  He needs to wrestle to his strengths, slow the match down, make mat wrestling matter and he'll be just fine.  I think what makes this sport great is that all different types of people can win.  Play to your strengths.  I know this is all earth shattering news.  Let's just hope we get to see the match Sunday.