Sign in to follow this  
rlw028

ASU vs OSU

My biggest takeaway from the dual is that JD Bergman is enamored with people who write "success books."  

WOW

JD Bergman usually does a good job with the announcing--fair to both teams and insightful.  Today he talked too much about topics outside the dual and was missing obvious aspects of the matches.  Example--he failed to grasp that an escape by Te-Shan Campbell would have led to a TF.

I am with Silver Medal. I thought Bergman did and does a good job with their broadcasts. He is a friend of Bo Jordan and he practices what he preaches and we could use a little more of that than less. Jordan may never beat Zahid Valencia, but he seems to me to be 100% of what JD Bergman gave him credit for being, and that's a good thing. 

I think you are kidding. Either way I don't think that is a fair thing to say (type)

It was a coaching decision and based his performance on the big stage Hall can bring it even after a lackluster B10.... but I am not a fan of dodging people. He loses it is expected because everybody loses to Snyder. He keeps it respectable he has confidence to beat others (Snyder is Snyder). Snyder doesn't really wrestle a style to injure people. It was a no lose situation for Hall whereas every college match is no win for Snyder other than he actually wins.

It was a coaching decision and based his performance on the big stage Hall can bring it even after a lackluster B10.... but I am not a fan of dodging people. He loses it is expected because everybody loses to Snyder. He keeps it respectable he has confidence to beat others (Snyder is Snyder). Snyder doesn't really wrestle a style to injure people. It was a no lose situation for Hall whereas every college match is no win for Snyder other than he actually wins.

Doesn't matter really, but Hall has two wins over Snyder. Junior World Team Trials...2012? 

Kudos to Zahid for beating Bo. Zahid was too fast for Bo’s power move. They will meet again at CKLV finals. I look forward to it.

Ill preface by saying Im a buckeye. I think the gap will tighten, but that isn't a match I see Bo winning. 

JD Bergman usually does a good job with the announcing--fair to both teams and insightful. Today he talked too much about topics outside the dual and was missing obvious aspects of the matches. Example--he failed to grasp that an escape by Te-Shan Campbell would have led to a TF.

I've never seen someone devote as little effort to get the final point of a TF in the final 2 minutes of a match before. Campbell seemed content to lay on his belly while almost being put to his back multiple times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The scoring software on the video stream gave bo 2 pts when all that went down. I should have thought about that, though.

The 2 points were for the escape and simultaneous penalty.

I personally dont think ZV's heavy handed footsweep was deserving of a penalty.

To continue the running joke, maybe the ref's day job is with the Department of Children and Family Services... mandated reporter of child abuse.

I've never seen someone devote as little effort to get the final point of a TF in the final 2 minutes of a match before. Campbell seemed content to lay on his belly while almost being put to his back multiple times.

Valencia almost took Campbell to his back three times... two of the three came from a claw off of a Campbell stand-up attempt. 

Campbell obviously needs to work on bottom but I can understand why he didn't really attempt another stand up after that.  

Doesn't matter really, but Hall has two wins over Snyder. Junior World Team Trials...2012? 

The "lb for lb" has improved a little since then. I think the match they wrestled last year was 10-4 or something like that. 

Kudos to Zahid for beating Bo. Zahid was too fast for Bo’s power move. They will meet again at CKLV finals. I look forward to it.

The way Zahid beat Bo reminded me a lot of how Isaac used to do it.  Low shots from neutral, and the longer the match ran, the less defense Bo had.  I don't see him tightening the gap or winning this...It seems like a terrible matchup (terrible matchup for anyone though given how phenominal Zahid is).  I could see him beating Hall again though.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

The way Zahid beat Bo reminded me a lot of how Isaac used to do it. Low shots from neutral, and the longer the match ran, the less defense Bo had. I don't see him tightening the gap or winning this...It seems like a terrible matchup (terrible matchup for anyone though given how phenominal Zahid is). I could see him beating Hall again though.

Zeke ain’t never done nothing like that to Bo.