Sign in to follow this  
rlw028

ASU vs OSU

Both of the Jordans seem like they have come down with a case of the HEW.  They are still highly competitive, and will continue to win 80-90% of their matches... but... the fire that they both had their respective freshman years seems to have dissipated.  Both Micah and BoJo seem to be "lumbering" around, looking to impose their will on their opponent.  When they wrestle someone their equal, close to equal, or even better than, they crumble.  It's sad to watch.  You'd think they'd take a page out of the Kollin Moore playbook a little, and realize that even those with underhyped accolades can do great things.  Their initial talent level coming out of high school was thought to be on par with where Hall & Valencia are today (BoJo at least).  Don't get me wrong, 3, 3, 2 at NCAA's is absolutely phenomenal, but to me, BoJo never became what many thought he could be:  A multi-time NCAA champ.  

Is Bo actually going to wrestle there for sure?

He has to. As of this moment, Zahid is at #1 seed of NCAAs and will not face Mark or Bo till the finals. If Bo wins then beat Mark twice, he will get #1 seed. But that is a big if. If Zahid wins again then he has made #1 seed solid at the NCAAs.

Both of the Jordans seem like they have come down with a case of the HEW. They are still highly competitive, and will continue to win 80-90% of their matches... but... the fire that they both had their respective freshman years seems to have dissipated. Both Micah and BoJo seem to be "lumbering" around, looking to impose their will on their opponent. When they wrestle someone their equal, close to equal, or even better than, they crumble. It's sad to watch. You'd think they'd take a page out of the Kollin Moore playbook a little, and realize that even those with underhyped accolades can do great things. Their initial talent level coming out of high school was thought to be on par with where Hall & Valencia are today (BoJo at least). Don't get me wrong, 3, 3, 2 at NCAA's is absolutely phenomenal, but to me, BoJo never became what many thought he could be: A multi-time NCAA champ.

Hall was considered one of the best recruits in a decade. Once in a generation was thrown around. He was way more hyped than Bo or Micah. Yes, Bo was p4p #1 in his year too, but Hall was still at a completely different level of hype.

Valencia was way more hyped than Micah. Maybe about on par with Bo.

Both of the Jordans seem like they have come down with a case of the HEW. They are still highly competitive, and will continue to win 80-90% of their matches... but... the fire that they both had their respective freshman years seems to have dissipated. Both Micah and BoJo seem to be "lumbering" around, looking to impose their will on their opponent. When they wrestle someone their equal, close to equal, or even better than, they crumble. It's sad to watch. You'd think they'd take a page out of the Kollin Moore playbook a little, and realize that even those with underhyped accolades can do great things. Their initial talent level coming out of high school was thought to be on par with where Hall & Valencia are today (BoJo at least). Don't get me wrong, 3, 3, 2 at NCAA's is absolutely phenomenal, but to me, BoJo never became what many thought he could be: A multi-time NCAA champ.

I don’t remember that much micah hype.

Both of the Jordans seem like they have come down with a case of the HEW.  They are still highly competitive, and will continue to win 80-90% of their matches... but... the fire that they both had their respective freshman years seems to have dissipated.  Both Micah and BoJo seem to be "lumbering" around, looking to impose their will on their opponent.  When they wrestle someone their equal, close to equal, or even better than, they crumble.  It's sad to watch.  You'd think they'd take a page out of the Kollin Moore playbook a little, and realize that even those with underhyped accolades can do great things.  Their initial talent level coming out of high school was thought to be on par with where Hall & Valencia are today (BoJo at least).  Don't get me wrong, 3, 3, 2 at NCAA's is absolutely phenomenal, but to me, BoJo never became what many thought he could be:  A multi-time NCAA champ.  

There's no shame in being third behind Mark Hall and Zahid Valencia.  Simply put, these two are on a different level skill wise than Bo ever has been, so it's definitely not regression on his part. Hall is a multiple time junior world champion, while Zahid at a weight above took silver, and was on the team 3 years in a row.  

In terms of Micah..He has always had serious issues wrestling on bottom.  Some wrestlers just don't figure it out, and it's not always a matter of not having enough "fire." 

The mentality of: if only they would "try harder," then they would be better is seriously flawed.  Trying hard is never enough by itself.  It takes a combination of technical expertise, athleticism, health, AND effort.  Everyone peaks at a different time in their careers.  For some, it is the end of high school.  For others, it is in their mid 20s.  Maybe Bo just happened to peak his freshman year of college, and while he hasn't regressed, he hasn't improved much either.  A perfect example of this is Metcalf, who peaked ~1 year out of college.  Did Metcalf HEW?  I don't think so.  He just hit his ceiling.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Both of the Jordans seem like they have come down with a case of the HEW.  They are still highly competitive, and will continue to win 80-90% of their matches... but... the fire that they both had their respective freshman years seems to have dissipated.  Both Micah and BoJo seem to be "lumbering" around, looking to impose their will on their opponent.  When they wrestle someone their equal, close to equal, or even better than, they crumble.  It's sad to watch.  

Good Lord, what a massive overreaction.  

Micah lost to two wrestlers last year, total.  He scored bonus in over 75% of his victories, and he was an All-American for the first time.  Care to explain to me how exactly he lost his "freshman fire?" He bumped to 157 and lost one poorly wrestled match.  He'll be fine.  

Bo has basically only ever lost to the very best at his weight, and Zahid is going to make a lot of people look like they're "lumbering around" this year.  

Good Lord, what a massive overreaction.

Micah lost to two wrestlers last year, total. He scored bonus in over 75% of his victories, and he was an All-American for the first time. Care to explain to me how exactly he lost his "freshman fire?" He bumped to 157 and lost one poorly wrestled match. He'll be fine.

Bo has basically only ever lost to the very best at his weight, and Zahid is going to make a lot of people look like they're "lumbering around" this year.

Gotta agree with this. Like, "wow, this top recruit is ONLY on track to be a 4 time AA and national finalist. What a bust!" *rolls eyes* Edited by LoStNuMbEr

He has to. As of this moment, Zahid is at #1 seed of NCAAs and will not face Mark or Bo till the finals. If Bo wins then beat Mark twice, he will get #1 seed. But that is a big if. If Zahid wins again then he has made #1 seed solid at the NCAAs.

If Hall and zahid both go undefeated for the rest of the year Hall will be the number one seed. The All-Star match will not matter for seeding at nationals.

If Hall and zahid both go undefeated for the rest of the year Hall will be the number one seed. The All-Star match will not matter for seeding at nationals.

so what exactly would warrant Hall over Valencia? Past results no longer get taken into consideration for seeding anymore