Sounds like Brooks is healthy and ready. Really likes freestyle and feels his style is better suited for it. Been training with Downey, Meyer, Burak, and Warner.

He's tough not sure of medal expectations though. I wonder if Mckenna is going... right now he and Fix are the only 2 I see possibly medaling... maybe Martinez. hoping themat or flo or somebody does a breakdown of each weight, im unsure of how seriously other countries take this.

Mckee could medal or could go 0-1 his style allows him to score but his defense is questionable

I know nothing of Lewis

IMART, I dont see him being dynamic enough offensively to beat any "top level guys", feel like he needs to wrestle from ahead or he's doomed, but again unsure of how seriously other countries take this.

Walz/Kroells, no insight on medaling potential, I know of their collegiate accomplishments no idea on their freestyle acumen.

So any insight into Walz/Kroells/Lewis past Freestyle accomplishments is welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Can someone clarify for me what the difference between this and juniors is?

20 is cap for juniors

23 is cap for u23

Or as the official page puts it

In 2018

UWW Juniors

Born 1998-2000 2001 with medical certificate

U23

Born 1995-1999 (19 -23 years old) 2000 with medical certificate

I think the FISU World University Championships is still a thing. Last I heard, the next uni worlds for wrestling is scheduled for 2018. The upper age limit is 28 although it will be limited to like 25 or so starting in 2022(?).

Well this past year we have had some amazing success with our Freestyle teams at the Cadet, Junior and Senior level, hopefully that success continues for all our competitors in this upcoming event.

Our best guys didn’t go to the U23 trials, so I don’t think this team should be compared to the others.

Our best guys didn’t go to the U23 trials, so I don’t think this team should be compared to the others.

Yeah, the team could definitely be a lot more stout. If other countries send their "best line-ups" I feel Fix is the only placer. But im assuming junior/senior world participants will sit this out. My assumption is based on nothing, and other countries dont have a College season, so im sure they're likely to send some really tough teams. Blah. Go USA shock the world.

Is this because our best u23 guys are in college and the timing conflicts with the college season?

Partially

I think they should make the trials winner an automatic qualifier for world team trials. I bet the field would improve.

We could theoretically send

Gilman, but I’m happier with Fix

Gross maybe?

Zain

Nolf

Hall

Zahid

Cox

Not sure at 92

Snyder

Gable

And likely win the whole thing

Partially

I think they should make the trials winner an automatic qualifier for world team trials. I bet the field would improve.

Gross maybe?

Zain

Nolf

Hall

Zahid

Cox

Not sure at 92

Snyder

Gable

Gable may be too young but I think the rest qualify. The team could be much tougher, I agree a WTT spot would be great incentive if its not already on the table.

Partially

Gross maybe?

Zain

Nolf

Hall

Zahid

Cox

Not sure at 92

Snyder

Gable

92kg is easy... Kollin Moore.  

Men’s freestyle roster
57 kg/125 lbs. – Daton Fix (Sand Springs, Okla./Titan Mercury/Cowboy RTC)
61 kg/134 lbs. – Mitchell McKee (Hanover, Minn./Minnesota Storm)
65 kg/143 lbs. – Joey McKenna (Towaco, N.J./Titan Mercury/Lehigh Valley WC)
70 kg/154 lbs. – Richie Lewis (Toms River, N.J./Scarlett Knight WC)
74 kg/163 lbs. – Isaiah Martinez (Lemoore, Calif./Titan Mercury)
86 kg/189 lbs. – Sam Brooks (Oak Park, Ill./New York AC/Hawkeye WC)
97 kg/213 lbs. – Ty Walz (Cleveland, Ohio/Titan Mercury/Southeast RTC)
125 kg/275 lbs. – Michael Kroells (Belle Plaine, Minn./Minnesota Storm)