if if Mulsim kills chickens it become halah. I teach u Islam! find me on FB i teach u! u teach me English and i open ur eyes for true Islam! 

inshallah Jews and Muslims can exchange knowledge like this regularly.

la illah ila allah

Richie Lewis fantastic run.    

With Lewis being the world champion,

is this the best under 23 freestyle wrestler in the world?   

Is he close to it ?

Best in USA?   

Should we expect him to tear through NCAA's?  

Not even close, this event sucks?              

What's the level of prestige here?   

I don't think you can say he's the best under 23 in the World.  Maybe he can be competitive with the best guys, but Fujinami won Bronze at the senior level this year and I believe he's only 21.  Kadimagomedov is 23 and didn't compete here either.    Also there's the Russian that won Euro U23's and I believe won Yarygin in 2016.  Forgetting his name at the moment but isn't he still U23? Not sure exactly what methodology went into selecting the Russian team for this.  

Well I think Richie Lewis should do well in this year's NCAA's But what I am also looking forward to, is how does Richie fare in this year's upcoming challenge for the 70 Kg WT spot. I think that with Richie in the mix it will no doubt help us.

Our wrestlers have been poorly prepared in all styles.  Hoping for something positive with the final freestylers.

Finally a post I can agree with. For whatever the reason, college season, haven't started training for the freestyle season, etc., we have been poorly prepared for this tournament. Also, I think because of the college season and other things we did not have the top class wrestlers even attempt to make the team. Hopefully that changes in the future.

Finally a post I can agree with. For whatever the reason, college season, haven't started training for the freestyle season, etc., we have been poorly prepared for this tournament. Also, I think because of the college season and other things we did not have the top class wrestlers even attempt to make the team. Hopefully that changes in the future.

The second portion of your post is correct.  I don't think the first part is fair. 

Based on the team that we sent (speaking specifically about freestyle), projecting more than 3 or 4 medals would have been sort of crazy.  It's just that our medals didn't come from the guys that most expected.  A couple of particular results were disappointing (mostly Fix), but he's got time to adjust and improve before making the jump to the senior level.  

I don't think you can say he's the best under 23 in the World.  Maybe he can be competitive with the best guys, but Fujinami won Bronze at the senior level this year and I believe he's only 21.  Kadimagomedov is 23 and didn't compete here either.    Also there's the Russian that won Euro U23's and I believe won Yarygin in 2016.  Forgetting his name at the moment but isn't he still U23? Not sure exactly what methodology went into selecting the Russian team for this.  

Thank you.  I expected examples like those.     I guess my real question is so do we have a new super star who's world class and will be challenging for the spot domestically and could be a world medal threat?    I don't see that at all, but I have very limited knowledge to his freestyle and have never seen a match of his.    

What has he done domestically in freestyle?   I know his folk resume isn't particularly highly decorated.   

Thank you. I expected examples like those. I guess my real question is so do we have a new super star who's world class and will be challenging for the spot domestically and could be a world medal threat? I don't see that at all, but I have very limited knowledge to his freestyle and have never seen a match of his.

What has he done domestically in freestyle? I know his folk resume isn't particularly highly decorated.

He looked methodical in winning the U23 title. His finals bout was 1/0 with about 40 seconds left when he was put on the shot clock. He would have lost on criteria when he hit a nice double leg ending in a push out 2/0 win.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you.  I expected examples like those.     I guess my real question is so do we have a new super star who's world class and will be challenging for the spot domestically and could be a world medal threat?    I don't see that at all, but I have very limited knowledge to his freestyle and have never seen a match of his.    

What has he done domestically in freestyle?   I know his folk resume isn't particularly highly decorated.   

Hard to say when we have so little data.  The fact that he's made the jump in essentially 18 months from a ~20th ranked NCAA wrestler to a U23 World Champion is incredible.  Take into account the fact that he had a real injury setback during that time period and it's all the more astounding.  

Also, I didn't mean to belittle the accomplishment by listing some U23 guys that might be able to beat Lewis.  A few people in this thread have mentioned that 70kg was relatively weaker (which is true), but it's not as if there weren't some guys with solid credentials in the bracket.  Omarov was the Euro U23 Champ... Takojima took 5th @ senior worlds and 5th at Yarygin a couple of years ago... a couple of others placed high at the Medved and Yasar Dogu.  

At the very least, I think we can take it as a sign that Lewis can compete at a high level internationally, and push Green domestically. At best, Lewis continues his trajectory and is challenging for medals straight out of college. He's a redshirt senior this year, so we'll be seeing him on the senior circuit soon.    

The second portion of your post is correct.  I don't think the first part is fair. 

Based on the team that we sent (speaking specifically about freestyle), projecting more than 3 or 4 medals would have been sort of crazy.  It's just that our medals didn't come from the guys that most expected.  A couple of particular results were disappointing (mostly Fix), but he's got time to adjust and improve before making the jump to the senior level.

SC, I guess I should have explained myself a little clearer. I was referring to the entire tournament women, Greco and freestyle. Freestyle was not as bad but I still don't think they prepared as diligently as somebody going to Junior or senior worlds.

Didn't Lewis beat Lavalle last year and then get hurt in his second match?  He could be a force in folkstyle this year.  I think Kemmerer / Nolf are above him, but I could see him challenging Berger, Shields, Lavalle, etc for that 3rd place spot

Didn't Lewis beat Lavalle last year and then get hurt in his second match?  He could be a force in folkstyle this year.  I think Kemmerer / Nolf are above him, but I could see him challenging Berger, Shields, Lavalle, etc for that 3rd place spot

Yeah I believe they wrestled at the All Star Classic though so it wasn't an official bout.  Regardless, he should be a serious force this year.  I don't think beating Kemmerer is out of the question.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie

Yeah I believe they wrestled at the All Star Classic though so it wasn't an official bout.  Regardless, he should be a serious force this year.  I don't think beating Kemmerer is out of the question.  

Will know soon enough on Dec 8 in Piscataway, this bout could decide the match

2 things-

1. Why were people saying he was winning easily? Russian was ahead 2-0 after 1st period. He did then have a couple of good tds in a short period of time. I'm not suggesting that anything other than what was suggested later happened, just that this was a very competitive match.

2. Is this Zhabrailov any relation to the brothers from about 20 years ago? I've seen different spellings (Jabrailov but it's generally a phonetic translation anyway)

“I do accept that Israel is an oppressor and commits crimes,” [Karimi-Machiani] said. “But would it not be oppression if our authorities undermine my hard work again?”

I hope the State Department is reading this, because this kid might need political asylum after making that comment.

In fact, I know a great little college in Elmhurst, Illinois that would be more than happy to have him...

How do they determine if they wrestle an American, if they are Jewish?

They aren't against Jewish people, hell there are Jews living in Iran.

They're protesting the Apartheid State of Israel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Richie Lewis winning gold was one of the big stories. But congratulations also to Joey McKenna and Ty Walz for winning bronze medals.

Geez, Imar ran into a steamroller in his bronze medal match.  :(