Sign in to follow this  
KCMO2

Mizzou early signees

Great class. Also exactly the type of guys Mizzou has a history of coaching up.

There is plenty of talent there.

Ceverado came out of nowhere to place 2nd in Greco. That was fun to watch.

Askren is very high on Mocco and Askren doesn’t overhype his own guys. He left wrestlingfor a little while and came back and then did very well on the national stage. His gymnastics background is going to give him an edge. I might be making this up, but I think one of his parents was a high level gymnast as well.

Kent is exactly the kind of guy that Mizzou does with. A super athlete who has a huge amount of room to grow. He has only been wrestling for a few years and has had some national level success. He will make a huge leap in the Mizzou room. It is difficult to tell exactly what that means, but he could end up being AA level.

Very excited for the future of the program

He did qualify for NCAAs. That is his ceiling though, which doesn’t help a program like Mizzou

That's his ceiling?  For the most part he improved throughout the season, and was the only freshman who qualified.  He's not going to set the world on fire, but I hardly think he's peaked.

That's his ceiling? For the most part he improved throughout the season, and was the only freshman who qualified. He's not going to set the world on fire, but I hardly think he's peaked.

I could be wrong. I’m a Mizzou fan and hope I am.

He seems to beat the mediocre guys and lose to everyone else. He just got pinned in the first against Illunois’s backup.

I don’t mean to bash him. I’m just giving my honest assessment

Does anyone know if any other D1 teams are sending starters to Lindenwood Open next weekend?  I enjoy attending that tourney and plan to again, but usually OkSt, Ill, or others send some quality guys to give Mizzou some competition.  Just wondering if that will be the case this year.

I could be wrong. I’m a Mizzou fan and hope I am.

He seems to beat the mediocre guys and lose to everyone else. He just got pinned in the first against Illunois’s backup.

I don’t mean to bash him. I’m just giving my honest assessment

I didn't think you were bashing him, I just don't think that you could say that he's peaked when he's got 3 more years of college left, and he's in a room where he's wrestling Cox, Miklus, and Clemson on a daily basis.  

Does anyone know if any other D1 teams are sending starters to Lindenwood Open next weekend?  I enjoy attending that tourney and plan to again, but usually OkSt, Ill, or others send some quality guys to give Mizzou some competition.  Just wondering if that will be the case this year.

Doubt if you'll see any starters from Okie State or Illinois.  OSU is wrestling Minnesota in Stillwater the next day, and Illinois will be in California wrestling next weekend.

I didn't think you were bashing him, I just don't think that you could say that he's peaked when he's got 3 more years of college left, and he's in a room where he's wrestling Cox, Miklus, and Clemson on a daily basis.  

He had them last year and all summer...and still got stuck by Illinois' backup.  I want to be optimistic about him improving but I just can't with this performance so far.  Maybe it was all of the over-hyping by MacTruck that caused me to expect a lot more, but I'm not seeing it.