Sign in to follow this  
reco87

Both Valencias lose tonight

Zahid destroyed him in that NCAA third place match...

Do I think he'll beat him in March no but I do believe he has a chance at home with a huge crowd supporting him and maybe Zahid looking ahead to Bo also coming off the high of beating Mark Hall.  

It was such a thorough beating that I can't see any other outcome but a comfortable Zahid victory.  Then again they had a one point match earlier that season, so who knows...

Edited by Gantry

It was such a thorough beating that I can't see any other outcome but a comfortable Zahid victory.  Then again they had a one point match earlier that season, so who knows...

Them Amine boys are scrappers and Myles has shown nothing but improvement since coming to Michigan were he was ranked 46 as apposed to Zahid coming in at #1. 

Do I think he'll beat him in March no but I do believe he has a chance at home with a huge crowd supporting him and maybe Zahid looking ahead to Bo also coming off the high of beating Mark Hall.  

Zahid hasn't looked beyond an opponent since the semis of State his sophomore year of high school, when he lost to Sean Williams from Lemoore (which, coincidentally, is ASU coach Chris Pendleton's former HS)

Amine is a gamer, but after that match, I felt Zahid left no doubt as to who the better wrestler was. It was close in score, but Zahid controlled the pace and every position he needed to. Maybe not his best effort, but he is the biggest 174 lber and it’s very early in the season, when weight cuts are generally hardest for guys who aren’t growing anymore. Anime got in but in my opinion wouldn’t score from those positions on Zahid even once in ten tries.

Amine is a gamer, but after that match, I felt Zahid left no doubt as to who the better wrestler was. It was close in score, but Zahid controlled the pace and every position he needed to. Maybe not his best effort, but he is the biggest 174 lber and it’s very early in the season, when weight cuts are generally hardest for guys who aren’t growing anymore. Anime got in but in my opinion wouldn’t score from those positions on Zahid even once in ten tries.

This.

And Z was in early a number of times closer to finishing than Amine in the 3rd.  

Credit to Amine for toughness and hanging in but can't see him knocking off Z.