• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

I came away thinking that the Coon/Snyder bouts (at least a few 'em) in the near future will be quite different. That is, different for Mr Coon.

Don't get me wrong. I like Coon....sorta. During his bouts with Snyder, he will not 'horse' Kyle, as he did Hall tonight.  When, or if, he goes

uppers with Snyder, it could be his undoing. 

Let's not, however, forget about Hall. Afterall he was 6-1 in St Louis. Only loss to Medberry in a close one. So he is acclimated to rollin' with 

the bigger dudes. Nevills is a much better big man this season. I see him improving on that 5th place AA spot.

• TBar1977 likes this

#2 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

i just don't see the point

Edited by hammerlockthree, 10 November 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#3 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Hammer,

What would you like. What can I do for you this evening ?

I am offering my opinions. An opinion piece if you will.

• TBar1977 and BigTenFanboy like this

#4 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Do you ever?
  • squeek, stp and BigTenFanboy like this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#5 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

What is going on with you hammer ?

Edited by denny, 10 November 2017 - 03:11 PM.

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#6 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

I came away thinking that the Coon/Snyder bouts (at least a few 'em) in the near future will be quite different. That is, different for Mr Coon.

Don't get me wrong. I like Coon....sorta. During his bouts with Snyder, he will not 'horse' Kyle, as he did Hall tonight.  When, or if, he goes

uppers with Snyder, it could be his undoing. 

Let's not, however, forget about Hall. Afterall he was 6-1 in St Louis. Only loss to Medberry in a close one. So he is acclimated to rollin' with 

the bigger dudes. Nevills is a much better big man this season. I see him improving on that 5th place AA spot.

Is it just me or does coon look a helluva lot bigger than last time he was in a Michigan singlet?  IMO Snyder will beat him with his quickness and low level game, its hard to think he could match Coon's strength in upper body stuff....Quick question, what is coon's weigh in weight and what is snyder's?  

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

#7 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hall needs a few easy ones after this weekend. Same for Zahid. These two have probably had the toughest first 3 matches in the history of college wrestling. Each guy has faced the top 3 guys in their weight by Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Wow. 

#9 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

Is it just me or does coon look a helluva lot bigger than last time he was in a Michigan singlet?  IMO Snyder will beat him with his quickness and low level game, its hard to think he could match Coon's strength in upper body stuff....Quick question, what is coon's weigh in weight and what is snyder's?  

Yeah I think he is bigger. Is he cuttin' weight to get to 285 ? Oh, don't think so. Not yet anyway. He has logged in some long hrs in the weight room. Stronger legs.

#10 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

I came away thinking that the Coon/Snyder bouts (at least a few 'em) in the near future will be quite different. 

Quite different from tonight's bout with Hall?  Or different from the previous match he had with Snyder?

If you mean from tonight's bout, I'm not sure how Adam's wrestling tonight is an indication of how he'll approach Snyder.   Both are somewhat smaller than Adam, but that's where the similarity pretty much ends.

If you mean from his one previous match with Snyder in the 2016 Big 10 finals, Snyder won that match primarily with takedowns.  Adam had difficulty scoring against Snyder, and he'll probably face the same problem this year as well.  So at least at this point, I can't really find any reason to think the matches with Snyder will be different.

#11 Glane18

Glane18

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Hammerlockthree - the OP is basically saying that he knows that Snyder is going to be Coon, and after watching Coon tonight, he still knows that Snyder is going to beat Coon.  Kind of pointless.  I'd love to see Nevills vs. Gable at heavyweight out of pure curiosity.  Well, Gable vs. every person at hwt.  Although Gable is still in high school, I don't think that hwt has been so exciting since Snyder joined the group.  We are so lucky to be able to have Snyder right now.  

#12 stp

stp

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

Adam needs to drill and shadow wrestle one of the painted fire hydrants around Ann Arbor, in preparation for Snyder.  

#13 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

Adam needs to drill and shadow wrestle one of the painted fire hydrants around Ann Arbor, in preparation for Snyder.

200w.gif
  • TBar1977 likes this

#14 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:00 AM

Quick question, what is coon's weigh in weight and what is snyder's?  

I want to say Synder weighed in the low 230s last NCAAs - but don't quote me on it.  I remember someone saying he was the lightest HWY to weigh in at NCAAs. 

#15 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:22 AM

I want to say Synder weighed in the low 230s last NCAAs - but don't quote me on it.  I remember someone saying he was the lightest HWY to weigh in at NCAAs.

I think Kasper was lighter but I could be wrong...

#16 treep2000

treep2000

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

​After watching Coon/Hall, I just don't think the Coon has improved. Is he the 2nd best guy at HWT right now?  Yes... probably... (although Nevills might have something to say about that).  What we are about to witness with Snyder is "separation"... and most likely unlike anything we've seen before, when comparing the top HWT's.  Going strictly from memory, I think Kyle had previously beaten Coon 7-4.  My "gut" is telling me that it's going to be more like a 15-7, with all of Coon's points being escapes, and Snyder doubling the number of takedowns.  I seriously just don't think that it's going to matter, no matter who he is wrestling this year.  MD, TF, MD, TF, MD, TF... it's going to be one or the other for Snyder, versus EVERYONE.

#17 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

​After watching Coon/Hall, I just don't think the Coon has improved. Is he the 2nd best guy at HWT right now?  Yes... probably... (although Nevills might have something to say about that).  What we are about to witness with Snyder is "separation"... and most likely unlike anything we've seen before, when comparing the top HWT's.  Going strictly from memory, I think Kyle had previously beaten Coon 7-4.  My "gut" is telling me that it's going to be more like a 15-7, with all of Coon's points being escapes, and Snyder doubling the number of takedowns.  I seriously just don't think that it's going to matter, no matter who he is wrestling this year.  MD, TF, MD, TF, MD, TF... it's going to be one or the other for Snyder, versus EVERYONE.

Yeah, Kyle finishes pretty much every shot he takes. That's a big problem for everyone else. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#18 reco87

reco87

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

Coach said on the T-Row and Funky show that Coon is cutting to make 285.

#19 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Quite different from tonight's bout with Hall?  Or different from the previous match he had with Snyder?

If you mean from tonight's bout, I'm not sure how Adam's wrestling tonight is an indication of how he'll approach Snyder.   Both are somewhat smaller than Adam, but that's where the similarity pretty much ends.

If you mean from his one previous match with Snyder in the 2016 Big 10 finals, Snyder won that match primarily with takedowns.  Adam had difficulty scoring against Snyder, and he'll probably face the same problem this year as well.  So at least at this point, I can't really find any reason to think the matches with Snyder will be different.

Talking about Coon/Snyder bouts of the future. He won't out muscle (or out horse) Kyle,  as he did Hall,  in this dual meet. A passing thought, if you will. Thanks for sharing : )

#20 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Talking about Coon/Snyder bouts of the future. He won't out muscle (or out horse) Kyle,  as he did Hall,  in this dual meet. A passing thought, if you will. Thanks for sharing : )

At the very least it will be a lot more difficult to score against Snyder, although size will still be one advantage he'll have.  

Adam's problems usually start when opponents get in on his legs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users