• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

If it was me wrestling Snyder, I'd tie him up and put all my weight on him I could. I would NOT shoot on Snyder at all...he's so much quicker he could spin around and get a cheap takedown if you can't get in deep enough (and it's hard to get in deep on a faster wrestler). I'd limit my offense to upper body stuff like bear hugs, lateral drop attempts, stuff like that (I guess I agree with you about the Greco approach, TakedownfromMotown). I'd definitely be using my leverage to push Snyder around on the mat as well if possible. Referees seem to like it, and if Kyle can't make any good shots he might get nailed for passivity...or maybe Snyder would get frustrated and make a bad shot and Coon can get 2 cheap points.

Essentially I'd do this: try not to go under for takedowns, try to use my size advantage to push Kyle around/tire him out. And stall, stall, stall.

The tactics are good but Snyder is just so good at moving his feet, and creating little position gains, jab fakes, and working both sides, it is hard to get the position, and time, to lean on him. And while he loses some leverage giving up so much weight, for pure strength, and the heaviness of his hands, he is strongest in the weight. Gwiz was the best stylistic match up domestically because he had size and athleticism, but Snyder's pressure, those ridiculous heavy hands and ties, just wore Gwiz down physically and mentally.  To his credit Gwiz had a go to ove in OT, took his shot, and came reasonably close even though he was spent. Alborov seems to be the only guy in the world who can get through a match with Snyder, without being wore down, but even with him Snyder adjusted, got a big lead, and mailed it in in the second. It is why make nickname for Snyder is "lb for lb". :)  

#42 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

I love these technical discussions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users