garyc

Chance Marsteller

any update on his conditioning? i've said b4, if he can go 7, it will be tough for anyone to beat Marsteller. He could only wrestle 2 mins at OSU.

He isn’t doing drugs anymore, so that probably helps. He also isn’t cutting nearly as much.

He seems to still gas slightly towards the end of freestyle matches, but it is a huge improvement still.

This begs for a prediction. I am calling that fir the first time in an actual open meet, Chance Marstellar beats the top Oklahoma State wrestler across from him. 

I agree, especially given their familiarity.  This is probably unfair, but I feel as if the more your know Rogers the better your chances of succeeding and staying out of his big moves. 

Edited by Gantry

Marstellar looks cut and in good shape.  Granted, he isn't wrestling Top 5 guys, but Walter was a 20 match winner last year for Lehigh...and this match was never in doubt after the first TD.  He may not tech many guys because his style isn't the relentless scoring mentality of PSU, but he will always be hard to score on.  Outside of the Scuffle, Lock Haven schedule is pretty light.  He may head into the NCAA's with only 1 or 2 losses and a high seed.