#21 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,424 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Don’t be an Internet bully.

You mean like, ahem, hammerhead?

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#22 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I live in these peoples heads........

#23 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

I live in these peoples heads........

You live under my shoe.

#24 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

you responded with the wrong tag again

#25 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

you responded with the wrong tag again

You responded with an idiotic, incorrect post again.

#26 fanta

fanta

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

I feel like Hall and Grajales got it the worst on the college board. Don't remember Stieber getting too much crap. Pico for the HS board... when people actually posted.

Aaron Pico got it the worst.  Hands down!!!  There's close to a thousand posts from "retiredposter" on Aaron Pico's age....lol

#27 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:30 AM

A 21 y/o RS freshman for Nationals next year?! Where is the outrage?!!!

Same place it was for Logan Steiber...nonexistent :D

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#28 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

I feel like Hall and Grajales got it the worst on the college board. Don't remember Stieber getting too much crap. Pico for the HS board... when people actually posted.

Yeah, but Grajales didn't get crap for being older than everybody else, he got crap for being one of the worst gassers anybody has ever seen. Was happy to see him finally crack through and AA his Sr year.

#29 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

Aaron Pico got it the worst.  Hands down!!!  There's close to a thousand posts from "retiredposter" on Aaron Pico's age....lol

This is a college forum. Pico thought he was too good for college (hint: he wasn't) and took the "easy" route. Hasn't worked out well for him, either. He's been an embarrassment in MMA (after all the hype) and his wrestling career essentially went down the tubes. Of course he's going to get crapped on in a college wrestling forum. If he'd been successful, like Cejudo, I'm sure people would've been a lot more forgiving (yeah, college wrestling fans feel like that was a big "loss", Cejudo not wrestling college...but Olympic Gold washes a lot of those feelings away). .

Edited by TobusRex, 15 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#30 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

Same place it was for Logan Steiber...nonexistent :D

Stieber got it, trust me.  He just didn't get it that much because, again,  it wasn't a bigger topic since he won in such a controversial fashion. That took center stage.  Plus, getting injured and having his true freshman year erased changed things as well.

As far as Grajales goes, he wasn't successful enough early on for it to be a major topic.  The reason age gets discussed is usually because someone says, "Wow, this true freshman did something amazing!"  and then someone else says, "Is he really a true freshman?  The guy is at least a year older than a freshman should be!"  

Without the 1st part, the 2nd part really doesn't come about!

Edited by MSU158, 15 November 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#31 NYWRESTLER94

NYWRESTLER94

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

This is a college forum. Pico thought he was too good for college (hint: he wasn't) and took the "easy" route. Hasn't worked out well for him, either. He's been an embarrassment in MMA (after all the hype) and his wrestling career essentially went down the tubes. Of course he's going to get crapped on in a college wrestling forum. If he'd been successful, like Cejudo, I'm sure people would've been a lot more forgiving (yeah, college wrestling fans feel like that was a big "loss", Cejudo not wrestling college...but Olympic Gold washes a lot of those feelings away). .

he’s 1-1 as a pro

#32 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

Stieber got it, trust me. He just didn't get it that much because, again, it wasn't a bigger topic since he won in such a controversial fashion. That took center stage. Plus, getting injured and having his true freshman year erased changed things as well.

As far as Grajales goes, he wasn't successful enough early on for it to be a major topic. The reason age gets discussed is usually because someone says, "Wow, this true freshman did something amazing!" and then someone else says, "Is he really a true freshman? The guy is at least a year older than a freshman should be!"

Without the 1st part, the 2nd part really doesn't come about!

Maybe it was on the HS board that Grajales got killed for it

Edited by LemonPie, 15 November 2017 - 04:50 AM.

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#33 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

he’s 1-1 as a pro

Yeah, but the hype was "greatest MMA prospect EVER".

#34 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,088 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, that guy is/was obsessed with Pico, it was kind of creepy.

#35 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

I am not gonna lie I was sympathetic to the Pico scrutiny. You can only listen to so many dopes drop "AND HE'S A FRESHMEN". 

#36 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, but the hype was "greatest MMA prospect EVER".

Brock started 1-1 also.    He was about as big an MMA prospect as we've seen.  

#37 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Brock started 1-1 also.    He was about as big an MMA prospect as we've seen.  

Yeah, Big in the literal sense, lol. That guy was a roided up behemoth.

#38 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ah yes that guy.    Very bizarre.  He didn't even want people talking about Pico since he had never won anything of significance.       Pico goes out and reaches an Olympic trials final and destroys numerous NCAA champs and Hodge winners in the process.    Wasn't good enough for that guy.    I've always suspected it had to do with how his career ended.    

#39 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, Big in the literal sense, lol. That guy was a roided up behemoth.

That and 3 time UFC heavyweight champion.       He more than lived up to the hype.  

• TobusRex likes this

#40 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

That and 3 time UFC heavyweight champion.       He more than lived up to the hype.  

Oh, I'd absolutely agree on Lesnar. He was champ until Cain took him out. Anybody who makes champ is a success in my book, but I'm hardly an MMA expert. I just like how well wrestlers do in it, gives me a little **** talk room at work :D

• Cletus_Tucker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users