• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:50 AM

Notes: Not Good. #10 at 141 Tyler Smith will not go today. Dinged up at Lehigh. Tom Sleigh at 197 is injured and it may be significant. He too will, obviously, not go today. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#2 lu_alum

lu_alum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:59 AM

Notes: Not Good. #10 at 141 Tyler Smith will not go today. Dinged up at Lehigh. Tom Sleigh at 197 is injured and it may be significant. He too will, obviously, not go today. 

The way I heard it during the the Lehigh-Bucknell dual, Sleigh is out for the season.

http://www.standard-...8ffe80bc4.html 

NOTES: Senior Tom Sleigh was out of the lineup Friday night and might be out for the season. He injured his left knee with 45 seconds remaining in his bout with Cal State Bakersfield. He’ll soon get a third medical opinion to determine his fate. Sleigh is a three-time national qualifier...

Edited by lu_alum, 12 November 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#3 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

Damn, Nolf just makes things up and does whatever he wants

I Throw... therefore I Know...

#4 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

Would you say he's a DESTROYER OF WORLDS? 

#5 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

If I described Cassar as weak on bottom I would be complimenting him. He is invisible from bottom. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#6 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Guessing Cassar is not a math major. 

#7 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Cassar looked uninterested which says a lot about him IMO, he must not care about his starting spot.

#8 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

Cassar looked uninterested which says a lot about him IMO, he must not care about his starting spot.

There was a lot that was wrong with the way he wrestled today. He has worked a long time with Cael and Varner and he seemed incapable or not even knowing how to get off bottom. Then at the end he twice had no idea he had to cut the Bucknell wrestler. Inexplicable. 

#9 lu_alum

lu_alum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

There was a lot that was wrong with the way he wrestled today. He has worked a long time with Cael and Varner and he seemed incapable or not even knowing how to get off bottom. Then at the end he twice had no idea he had to cut the Bucknell wrestler. Inexplicable. 

Isn't that the coaching staff's responsibility?

#10 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:57 AM

They can tell him. They can yell it to him. He still has to do it.

• de4856 and PSUMike like this

#11 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

So did cassar win or lose?

#12 lu_alum

lu_alum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

So did cassar win or lose?

Lost to Hoffman from Bucknell.

#13 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Isn't that the coaching staff's responsibility?

They were screaming at him. Then the action got stopped for a review and they went out there and explained it to him and he still didn't understand. Like I said above, inexplicable. 

#14 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Rasheed busted is ankle in the first period against Darmstadt today.  Not a great day for PSU 197s.   Bizarre match by Cassar. 

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#15 lu_alum

lu_alum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

They were screaming at him. Then the action got stopped for a review and they went out there and explained it to him and he still didn't understand. Like I said above, inexplicable. 

#16 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

Sorta like taking the horse to the water...........

#17 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

Sorta like taking the horse to the water...........

And maybe it isn't like he didn't actually understand, but he certainly froze at times and inexplicably did not react as if his head was fully engaged with what needed to be done. Perhaps the moment got to him. I don't know. 

#18 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

I didn't see the match, did he take a blow to the head? Not being sarcastic.

#19 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

I didn't see the match, did he take a blow to the head? Not being sarcastic.

Not that I saw. 

McCutcheon was supposed to go to Binghampton and did not. Maybe that suggests they had some concern. I really don't know. 

#20 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Not that I saw. 

McCutcheon was supposed to go to Binghampton and did not. Maybe that suggests they had some concern. I really don't know. 

I really don't know for sure either. Do you recall that on one of these topics we went over the "spotlighters" thing ?

Some wrestlers actually thrive when in the spotlight. Limelight, if you will. Conversely, others will actually freeze in the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users