• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

I really don't know for sure either. Do you recall that on one of these topics we went over the "spotlighters" thing ?

Some wrestlers actually thrive when in the spotlight. Limelight, if you will. Conversely, others will actually freeze in the moment.

Which is why a wrestle off in the room or within the squad isn't always so definitive. We've all seen great room wrestlers who are capable of hanging with or beating anyone in practice or a wrestle off, yet freeze up and are ineffective in real matches, and vice versa.

#22 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

Which is why a wrestle off in the room or within the squad isn't always so definitive. We've all seen great room wrestlers who are capable of hanging with or beating anyone in practice or a wrestle off, yet freeze up and are ineffective in real matches, and vice versa.

This....

#23 greco_gilligan

greco_gilligan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

And maybe it isn't like he didn't actually understand, but he certainly froze at times and inexplicably did not react as if his head was fully engaged with what needed to be done. Perhaps the moment got to him. I don't know.

Maybe they haven't got the Jersey out of him yet.

#24 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

Cael hinted after the match that Cassar had a tough time making weight, second weighin since Thursday.  That probably has some merit, since he hasn't wrestled below 211 in a couple years.  Doesn't mean it's the only thing of course, but could have explained some of the sluggishness. 

#25 ConnorsDad

ConnorsDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

There was a lot that was wrong with the way he wrestled today. He has worked a long time with Cael and Varner and he seemed incapable or not even knowing how to get off bottom. Then at the end he twice had no idea he had to cut the Bucknell wrestler. Inexplicable.

Probably not his first wrestling match ever either unless I'm mistaken

Edited by ConnorsDad, 12 November 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#26 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Sometimes guys have bad days. I am confident he will improve.

#27 PSUMike

PSUMike

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:26 AM

Sometimes guys have bad days. I am confident he will improve.

As am I. But I still don't think he's the best option to start and perform come March. 

#28 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

As am I. But I still don't think he's the best option to start and perform come March.

Time will tell. If it’s a weight thing, and he can’t deal with it, his career as a starter is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users