Sign in to follow this  
denny

Zeke goes east

Zeke's level of ref complaining is really over the top, tone it down sir. 

That whiny, over-excited jumping around stuff is too much for me. Politicing with/telling the refs how to do their jobs in every situation also drives me nuts.

On bottom:

In the video at about 5:15, Guerrero versus Jetton. Jetton came into the tournament undefeated Guerrero has some losses. Guerrero is down, just battles on bottom, took three moves and he just, would, not, stop, wrestling, once out for the one, it rattled Jetton long enough that Guerrero scored a TD, and that was pretty much the match.

Technique and mentality.

Edited by sgallan

On bottom:

In the video at about 5:15, Guerrero versus Jetton. Jetton came into the tournament undefeated Guerrero has some losses. Guerrero is down, just battles on bottom, took three moves and he just, would, not, stop, wrestling, once out for the one, it rattled Jetton long enough that Guerrero scored a TD, and that was pretty much the match.

Technique and mentality.

Jetton was an animal that year.  To me, OkState pulled off 2 big upsets in a row with Moore over Morgan and then Guerrero over Jetton.

Am I intended to take the Jetton/Guerrero example as evidence that bottom is the hardest to coach?

One opinion of mine on the subject (that doesn't support my opinion on coaching bottom being easier than the other positions) is that bottom is the most demanding technically, in the sense that you'll never see someone escape from a competent, tough and motivated wrestler with poor technique. Sloppy turns and TDs can come out of nowhere, I don't think this holds true for escapes. 

Am I intended to take the Jetton/Guerrero example as evidence that bottom is the hardest to coach?

One opinion of mine on the subject (that doesn't support my opinion on coaching bottom being easier than the other positions) is that bottom is the most demanding technically, in the sense that you'll never see someone escape from a competent, tough and motivated wrestler with poor technique. Sloppy turns and TDs can come out of nowhere, I don't think this holds true for escapes. 

Mr Nit, meet Mr Pic.

Jetton was an animal that year.  To me, OkState pulled off 2 big upsets in a row with Moore over Morgan and then Guerrero over Jetton.

Guerrero also had to beat Hinson/ISU in semis to get there. Hinson pretty much owned him over the course of their careers. Great tournament for Guerrero.