Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan89

Brayton Lee to Minnesota!

Pulling him away from Nebraska surprised me.

Looking at Nebraska's roster it seems like they have some good depth at 149 and 157, so they might not of wanted to give him as much money as he wanted. Now, I will be honest I don't know the caliber of the guys in the room at those weights, but it makes more sense for him at MN as he can slide in to 149 2019 or maybe step right in at 157 next year.

If MN decided/found a way to have McKee and Lee in the lineup, would they be the first team to have 3 True Freshman starters in a lineup?

Looking at Nebraska's roster it seems like they have some good depth at 149 and 157, so they might not of wanted to give him as much money as he wanted. Now, I will be honest I don't know the caliber of the guys in the room at those weights, but it makes more sense for him at MN as he can slide in to 149 2019 or maybe step right in at 157 next year.

If MN decided/found a way to have McKee and Lee in the lineup, would they be the first team to have 3 True Freshman starters in a lineup?

Between Lizak and Mitch M I think 125/133 are going to be covered next year, so its hard for me to see patrick slotting into the lineup right away.

Mitch McKee might redshirt allowing Lizak to bump up to 133. It’s no secret he’s a big 125

I'd like to see Minnesota use all possible redshirts next season other than Gable. Lineup could look something like this:

125 Polakowski, redshirt P McKee

133 Lizak, redshirt M McKee

141 Thorn, redshirt Gliva

149 Marko, redshirt McIntosh

157 Bleise, redshirt Lee

165 Allar, redshirt Thomas

174 Krone

184 Anderson, redshirt Webster

197 B Steveson

285 G Steveson

I'd like to see Minnesota use all possible redshirts next season other than Gable. Lineup could look something like this:

125 Polakowski, redshirt P McKee

133 Lizak, redshirt M McKee

141 Thorn, redshirt Gliva

149 Marko, redshirt McIntosh

157 Bleise, redshirt Lee

165 Allar, redshirt Thomas

174 Krone

184 Anderson, redshirt Webster

197 B Steveson

285 G Steveson

I don't see a point in redshirting Mitch McKee. Why keep him in college for more than four years? He's a junior world finalist and I'm sure he'll be ready to train freestyle year-round after four years.