Sign in to follow this  
fanta

Biggest flop in college

A reminder for people that if you have a problem with a user's content, if you can't stop arguing with him or her - which spreads the toxicity, or whatever the reason - JB has a video on how to put them on ignore:

Always the best solution to keep threads from going down the proverbial rabbit hole. 

@LemonPie and hammerlock: Yeah, was pretty weird signing triplets. All were projected to wrestle roughly the same weight in college (they were in 3 adjacent weights in HS), so it didn't make much sense to me. Just take the best of the 3 and be done with it. Anyway that was a Mark Cody decision. But wasn't Dean ranked #71 in his HS class? So I was hopeful that a #100-ish guy could at least get one AA, but no joy.

There is definitely a better way to go about a thread like this.

I can't believe anyone would call Marsteller a flop prior to him finishing school.

I am all for discussion but not at the expense of belittling college athletes. Especially college wrestlers.

David Craig was the #1 overall recruit and never AA'd. Big case of HEW. Seems to resent the sport in retrospect.

Blood round as a fr.

Academically ineligible as a soph.

2-2 as a jr.

1-2 as a sen. 

Strong in-season results but never performed in March. 

Whoever said Dean Heil would take over the worst 3-timer sure looks at things different than I do. I don't think you know how big Jake Rosholt came up for the Pokes during their 4 Peat. When he was a freshman, he lost by bonus in the Big 12 Finals. He was a low seed and defeated 3 high seeds to win it, including scoring bonus on the guy who had thumped him in the big 12 finals. The only year he didn't win a title was the only year he was ranked 1st. Now, with Dean, I'm sorry he doesn't impress you, but he's one tough bugger. His winning streak is longer than Mudflap's Mullet. The test of his greatness, will be if he can adapt to the new rule which basically penalizes him about 10 points before every match begins, lol.

Pretty sure he was mocking OP and wasn’t bashing Heil

Solutely and he is my favorite wrestler and my sons and anybody that even looks like us, LOL. It's just Gable did it at heavyweight or 220 and Cadet world champion twice and Junior world champ. How about they're Far and Away the two best to ever compete. One upper weight and one lower weight

Yes he did. In my mind he is the greatest High School wrestler there's ever been and it's not even close.

Dave Schultz placed 2nd at Tbilisi when he was in high school.  Jimmy Carr wrestled in the Olympics when he was a junior.  Those guys aren't even close?

Edited by jchapman

Okay, Okay, let me put my ego on the shelf and admit I was the biggest flop in college.  I mean a JV district title in high school, only finishing as a runner-up in the CAA, and never qualifying for the NCAA was a real let down to my family........  Hopefully they invite me to thanksgiving this year..