Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Can Michigan win the NCAAs in Cleveland?

What? They can definitely place top 3.

I assume you don’t think they can beat OSU. Why?

Michigan

125 - qualifier, unlikely AA (1 point)

133 - Lille top 3 (17 points)

141-qualifier, unlikely AA (1 point)

149 - same^ (1 point)

157 - likely top 5 (10 points)

165 - title contender. Likely top 3 (17 points)

174- likely top 4 (15 points)

184 - likely AA (10 point)

197 - likely AA (7 points)

285 - likely finalist (20 points)

99 points

I'm not going to crunch numbers #Beer but I will say: you kind of maxed out Michigan's potential.

Realistic

OSU

125: likely AA

133: likely AA

141: likely AA

149: Likely AA

157: doubtful

165: likely AA

174: possible AA

184: doubtful

197: likely AA

285: who knows.

I didnt get as ambitious as you, making picc/brock/Heil "possible finalist" and giving them more credit.

But I guess yeah, if OSU falls very short and Michigan wrestles 100% to their potential they could win. But 5th/6th feels right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

i feel like Coon/Micic should have atleast 1% chance to win because injuries happen, and Micic isnt that far behind Gross. Then you add Massa. Your math doesnt add up.

You're right they have a 2% chance of having a champion

You're right they have a 2% chance of having a champion

I'd say Sorenson/kemdawg have a better chance then 2% to win a title this year, and say Micic/Coon/Massa have a better chance then that, but I'll take it. Absolutes in predicting dont work, so I'll take it as a win changing 0% to 2% should be a fun year though. Edited by maolsen

I'd say Sorenson/kemdawg have a better chance then 2% to win a title this year, and say Micic/Coon/Massa have a better chance then that, but I'll take it. Absolutes in predicting dont work, so ill take it as a win changing 0% to 2%

Of the above listed I'd give Sorenson the best chance.

2.) KEM

3.) Massa (one of my favorite wrestlers)

4.) Coon (Massa/Coon can easily flip)

5.) Micic (its absurd to assume anyone places top 3 outside of Gross.... lightweights are tough)

Edited by spladle08

Of the above listed I'd give Sorenson the best chance.

2.) KEM

3.) Massa (one of my favorite wrestlers)

4.) Coon (Massa/Coon can easily flip)

5.) Micic (its absurd to assume anyone places top 3 outside of Gross.... lightweights are tough)

I can respect that. Sorenson had that close match with Retherford, and now has Perry at the club, and Kem is looking good. Massa is very good, I dont think Imar will let himself lose, but he has lost the last two years, one time at the wrong time. Coon has size. I like Micic, but part of that might be Indiana bias, but I'm not sure Gross has separated himself as much as some think, So I would put Micic at 3 on that list, but I understand that order. Edited by maolsen

I can respect that. Sorenson had that close match with Retherford, and now has Perry at the club, and Kem is looking good. Massa is very good, I dont think Imar will let himself lose, but he has lost the last two years, one time at the wrong time. Coon has size. I like Micic, but part of that might be Indiana bias, but I'm not sure Gross has separated himself as much as some think.

He's seperated himself quite a bit.

I mean at light weights close matches come here and there but aside from the loss to... who was it? MONTOYA? Last year? Nobody has sniffed at him outside of Clark and Brock (im Oklahoma based so I like Brock but if you watched the matches the better wrestler won) ....anyways I'm not saying he 100% wins it but I'd take any bets he's top 3. And I'd offer +200 (2:1)

He's seperated himself quite a bit.

I mean at light weights close matches come here and there but aside from the loss to... who was it? MONTOYA? Last year? Nobody has sniffed at him outside of Clark and Brock (im Oklahoma based so I like Brock but if you watched the matches the better wrestler won) ....anyways I'm not saying he 100% wins it but I'd take any bets he's top 3. And I'd offer +200 (2:1)

I would probably say that Micic is more likely to beat Gross then Sorenson beating Retherford (Besides one match Retherford showed way more seperation) kem shows a ton of improvement. Id go Massa, Kem, Micic,Sorenson, Coon, but i get where youre coming from.

Lol @ this thread

Like I said earlier... look at the screen name of the OP.  (lu1979)  Again, methinks one of my fellow alumni was trying to build up the Wolverines prior to today's dual. 

Wasn't that an old Lou Holtz tactic at Notre Dame?

Edited by lu_alum

The only thing I'll say in Michigan's defense was that a few years ago Lehigh shocked Ohio State in National Duals and about a month later the Bucks were NCAA champs. Lehigh knows how to get ready for a big dual.  And they're tough.  

The Lehigh dual against tOSU in a squeaker that came down to 285 when Vollaro beat Tavanello, 4-2 in SV2.  

Today's dual was a beat down from the get go.

Can Lehigh win in Cleveland?

Team title, no.  Bringing home a team trophy is a nice stretch goal.  Need to figure out the best lineup for 157 to 197:

Option 1:  Brown - Wolf/Walter - Kutler - Preisch - Weiler/Jakobsen

Option 2:  Walter/Brown - Kutler - Preisch - Weiler - Jakobsen

Edited by lu_alum

Walter will never see 157 again. Option 1, to me, is the best. I think Kutler and Preisch both showed they can handle the jump in weight very nicely. And WolfWalter at 165 has a lot of potential.