Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

Oklahoma State lightweight log-jam

While Im very interested in the Gfeller vs Eierman result today at Lindenwood, Gfeller being at 141 got me thinking.

Do you think we see some transfers next year?

Even if they bump. Its going to be another year of All American level talent on the bench at 1 or 2 of the first 4 weights...

With "All American Honors" being a goal of every wrestler who participates it would be tough riding the pine, when you know you could be on the podium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Heck maybe Lewallen isnt AA quality, track has him getting teched 21-5 to Garrett Model of Wisconsin.... surprising result

*** they fixed it, Boo with the tech

Edited by spladle08

While Im very interested in the Gfeller vs Eierman result today at Lindenwood, Gfeller being at 141 got me thinking.

Do you think we see some transfers next year?

Even if they bump. Its going to be another year of All American level talent on the bench at 1 or 2 of the first 4 weights...

With "All American Honors" being a goal of every wrestler who participates it would be tough riding the pine, when you know you could be on the podium.

Your mistake is assuming AA honors is their goal. There is another goal which makes squeezing into the lineup irrelevant.

If guys leave OSU for other options, how would Lou Roselli’s Oklahoma Sooners fit into the equation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in does he attract transfers? Doubtful, if you're worried about wasting years as a back-up, you wouldnt want to lose one by transferring inside your own conference.

But with Stillwater/Oklahoma Ties I dont see Lewallen/Moran/Gfeller ever leaving I could see Picc making a move if it came down to it.

Just a weird situation I hate thinking of all these AA candidates never realizing potential.

Hopefully they all get a couple shots at the big show before their careers end.

I just meant if they were shooting for a national title, making the lineup is a foregone conclusion, if you are really "just" shooting for AA honors, you may have to transfer.

Lol i love the arrogance of the idea that only a select few want to win the title while the rest shoot for AA, of course everyone wants to win the title, but my post was to highlight they are all consistantly competitive with top level guys and knowing they're on that level but ending a career with nothing to show for it because the other guy on your team is at the same level, is soooooo disappointing. ONLY 1 guy can win it. 7 more AA. Its prestigious and something to be proud of.

Bozo I put "just" in quotes for that reason. It wasn't a judgmental thing, it was just a logic thing....if you don't care about anything but a national title, making the lineup is a forgone conclusion, not the same with being an AA.

Get off your pulpit. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

Bozo I put "just" in quotes for that reason. It wasn't a judgmental thing, it was just a logic thing....if you don't care about anything but a national title, making the lineup is a forgone conclusion, not the same with being an AA.

Get off your pulpit.

Ncaaf and UFC... beer is flowing....

Glad you got your point out.... enjoy the fights.