Sign in to follow this  
LoStNuMbEr

Zeke Moisey

Loses again at Lindenwood open to Moody of OU. On his way to not even being ranked here.

HEW? Evil doppelganger? What's going on.

Take his finals run out and the rest of his career all fits nicely.  I don't think he's gone through some fall from the top, I just think he had one amazing weekend, and outside of that weekend he's a top 20ish wrestler with upside.

I think it's a couple of things going on here.  He had some serious injuries and probably has realized he's not invincible, and he caught fire in that tournament to get through the finals.  He's AA talent, but I don't think he's multiple finalist talent.  

Take his finals run out and the rest of his career all fits nicely.  I don't think he's gone through some fall from the top, I just think he had one amazing weekend, and outside of that weekend he's a top 20ish wrestler with upside.

This. Well above average for a D1 guy but he's not an elite wrestler. He had an amazing weekend but I think it's unlikely he'll ever be able to replicate that success. 

....."finals run"   "amazing weekend"   "caught fire"    - - - any other sport but wrestling- - - 

he's got to be one tough s.o.beesting to be a finalist.....

How is saying he's top 20 and had a great run a bad thing?  Is it better to say he was top 2 and has fallen apart since then?  

Cutters don’t do well in November.

Tell that to J Jaggers et al. J cut an insane amount of weight for a 141 lber and had notoriously terrible starts for Ann NCAA champ only to crush in March. Some cutters need to atrophy their bodies for 3 months before they can eat/drink enough before the event to stop gassing hard no matter what shape you’re in.