Sign in to follow this  
klehner

What's the greatest margin you've seen in a Tech Fall?

Just saw a 19 point (24-5) TF (I think it was up by 14, then TD/2pt NF, plus riding time point).  If you are up by 14, and get a TD to a 4pt NF, plus a point of riding time, you can get a TF with a 21 point margin of victory.  Anyone ever seen that?  How about a 20 point margin, which I don't think is possible.

Just saw a 19 point (24-5) TF (I think it was up by 14, then TD/2pt NF, plus riding time point).  If you are up by 14, and get a TD to a 4pt NF, plus a point of riding time, you can get a TF with a 21 point margin of victory.  Anyone ever seen that?  How about a 20 point margin, which I don't think is possible.

20 pt. would be 14 pts., +2TD +4NF.

I think 23 would be max.  The 21 pt. example that you gave, and then 2 penalty pts. for doing something illegal while trying to fight off their back, if it were a 3rd offense.

If you are up by 14, and get a TD to a 4pt NF, plus a point of riding time, you can get a TF with a 21 point margin of victory.  Anyone ever seen that?  How about a 20 point margin, which I don't think is possible.

Subtract the riding time from your scenario and you're at 20.

Also what are the rules on tapping out while on your back these days? Do they still give the top man an extra point for that? If so, you could bump it up to 22.

How about 25 pt margin (incredibly unlikely)  14-0 neutral in third. TD, NF-4, P-1, P-1, P-2, Riding time (or an actual injury ending the match before the period ends, so a 5 PT nearfall.)   (I could see 3 penalties continuously on the back being, two fingers cleared by the ref, grabbing the singlet, cleared by the ref, then a serious profanity)  

Not the winner but I saw an old video of Randy Lewis in a dual with ISU win like 34-10.

I don't think the Tech Fall existed in folkstyle until a couple years after RL college career ended in 1981. -- In 1983 NCAA mike sheets one a match 27-2. It is listed as WSD on Boomers data base, and, the max possible margin would have been 1 less then, ---3 pt max NF.

Personally seen, I think was 20 points. I believe the highest you can win by in college is 23 which could be done if you were on bottom, up by 14, they clasp for their third penalty point so you get 2 points, reverse them to their back for a full count for 6 and get an imminent fall point if they start screaming out in pain (if that's a thing in college like it is in high school. Guessing it may not be based on the screaming hunter stieber was doing at NCAAs a couple years ago).

I don't think the Tech Fall existed in folkstyle until a couple years after RL college career ended in 1981. -- In 1983 NCAA mike sheets one a match 27-2. It is listed as WSD on Boomers data base, and, the max possible margin would have been 1 less then, ---3 pt max NF.

Sheets top 20+ point shutouts:

28-0

27-0

27-0

24-0

24-0

22-0

other 25+

33-4

31-4

30-3

29-2

25-5

Personally seen, I think was 20 points. I believe the highest you can win by in college is 23 which could be done if you were on bottom, up by 14, they clasp for their third penalty point so you get 2 points, reverse them to their back for a full count for 6 and get an imminent fall point if they start screaming out in pain (if that's a thing in college like it is in high school. Guessing it may not be based on the screaming hunter stieber was doing at NCAAs a couple years ago).

I believe the "scream" point is counted as a technical violation so in this situation it would lead to a disqualification not 1 point. Change your situation where the leading wrestler has the riding time point wrapped up and the match ends with the losing wrestler on his back without getting pinned and you have yourself a 23 point margin of victory.

what BTFB said is wrong...

Ok. Clarify what part was wrong.

IF the scream rule is counted as a technical violation, a 4th technical violation leads to a DQ.

I love how you love to say things are wrong, yet NEVER point out how or why things are wrong. I guess asking you to ever explain anything to asking way too much of that simpleton brain of yours. That and stringing more than 2 sentences together.

Hammerlockthree: "whatever...", "you're stupid..."

Go repost the same YouTube video clip you've already posted 47 times.

I'm waiting for your "clever" response.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Clearly you didn't read perry's post carefully.

Clearly I did.

Wrestler A is on bottom winning by 14. Wrestler B locks hands for a 3rd time which is a 2 point violation, thus Wrestler A is now up by 16.

Wrestler A hits a reversal straight to back while wrestler B locks his hands, and earns 6 points, thus wrestler A is now up by 22.

Time runs out, wrestler A earns the riding time point and is now up but 23. Technical fall.

In Perry's scenario, if wrestler B was on bottom, on his back and down by 22 and screamed, it would be his 4th technical violation which is a disqualification ending the match(if the scream rule exists at the college level). The match would not be a technical fall, it would be a DQ. In a dual meet 6 points, not 5. In a tournament 2 bonus points, not 1.5. Get it?

You're the one that didn't read careful enough. Do you even know how to read? I know you don't know how to write because once again, you can't explain anything or string more than 2 sentences together!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Clearly I did.

Wrestler A is on bottom winning by 14. Wrestler B locks hands for a 3rd time which is a 2 point violation, thus Wrestler A is now up by 16.

Wrestler A hits a reversal straight to back while wrestler B locks his hands, and earns 6 points, thus wrestler A is now up by 22.

Time runs out, wrestler A earns the riding time point and is now up but 23. Technical fall.

In Perry's scenario, if wrestler B was on bottom, on his back and down by 22 and screamed, it would be his 4th technical violation which is a disqualification ending the match(if the scream rule exists at the college level). The match would not be a technical fall, it would be a DQ. In a dual meet 6 points, not 5. In a tournament 2 bonus points, not 1.5. Get it?

You're the one that didn't read careful enough. Do you even know how to read? I know you don't know how to write because once again, you can't explain anything or string more than 2 sentences together!

It's not a technical violation. It's just a different type of near fall.

It's not a technical violation. It's just a different type of near fall.

This is what I found.

"If a wrestler “taps out”, this will be considered as an indication of an injury; therefore if nearfall criteria are imminent or are being met, the scream rule will be applied and the wrestler will be charged an injury time out. If in the referee’s judgment, the wrestler “tapped out” just to get out of a pinning situation, unsportsmanlike conduct may be called."

I believe Unsportsmanlike conduct is counted along with Technical Violations. With that said, we're splitting atoms.

The scenario I gave would lead to a 23 point technical fall. Hammerhead says I'm wrong, yet he still hasn't been able to explain why or how. I'm not holding my breath.

We're not splitting anything. You just changed the discussion. You never mentioned tapping out to get out of a pin plus it's still not a TV it's Unsportsmanlike conduct although it would be a separate sequence.

From my understanding the scream when on your back and tapping out when on your back is considered the same thing. Also it' my understanding at Technical Violations and Unsportsmanlike conducts are lumped into the same count towards a DQ. With that said I didnt change the discussion at all. I was showing how the match would end via DQ and not a technical fall in the scenario given. I then offered a modification in that same scenario where the match would end in a 23 point technical fall.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I believe the "scream" point is counted as a technical violation so in this situation it would lead to a disqualification not 1 point. Change your situation where the leading wrestler has the riding time point wrapped up and the match ends with the losing wrestler on his back without getting pinned and you have yourself a 23 point margin of victory.

From my understanding the scream when on your back and tapping out when on your back is considered the same thing. Also it' my understanding at Technical Violations and Unsportsmanlike conducts are lumped into the same count towards a DQ. With that said I didnt change the discussion at all. I was showing how the match would end via DQ and not a technical fall in the scenario given. I then offered a modification in that same scenario where the match would end in a 23 point technical fall.

Read your own initial post. You said the scream point was considered a TV. It isn't. It's just a different value for a nf unless it's considered unsportsmanlike which would then be a separate point in addition. This didn't come up initially- therefore you changed the discussion.

Read your own initial post. You said the scream point was considered a TV. It isn't. It's just a different value for a nf unless it's considered unsportsmanlike which would then be a separate point in addition. This didn't come up initially- therefore you changed the discussion.

The discussion never changed. It was always centered around scoring a 23 point technical fall. If my interpretation of the scream rule was wrong, then I apologize for being mistaken. However the focus of the entire discussion revolved around scoring a 23 point technical fall.

Furthermore my understanding is that the scream rule awards 2 NF points when the bottom wrestler is not yet on his back and is going over. When a wrestler is already on his back, points already counted and not yet awarded the scream is the same as tapping out. Never the less, the scenario I mapped out results in a 23 point technical fall. The main point of everything I have been discussing here.

Edited by BigTenFanboy