Sign in to follow this  
klehner

What's the greatest margin you've seen in a Tech Fall?

The discussion never changed. It was always centered around scoring a 23 point technical fall. If my interpretation of the scream rule was wrong, then I apologize for being mistaken. However the focus of the entire discussion revolved around scoring a 23 point technical fall.

Furthermore my understanding is that the scream rule awards 2 NF points when the bottom wrestler is not yet on his back and is going over. When a wrestler is already on his back, points already counted and not yet awarded the scream is the same as tapping out. Never the less, the scenario I mapped out results in a 23 point technical fall. The main point of everything I have been discussing here.

Your argument changed from calling the extra points tv to talking about an obscure possibility of unsportsmanlike conduct. Sorry you can't see that.

Your argument changed from calling the extra points tv to talking about an obscure possibility of unsportsmanlike conduct. Sorry you can't see that.

Sorry I used the term technical violation in place of unsportsmanlike conduct. The two are almost interchangeable but you're right I was wrong to use the term. However the scoring squenece didn't change thus the overall point I was trying to make. Sorry you can't see that.

Its not our fault you don't know the rules bud

Explain how the scoring sequence I layed out is wrong? Oh wait you don't explain things because you dont know how to string more than 2 sentences together.

Furthermore I know the rules and I am right. If you have 3 technical violations, and then get called for an unsportsmanlike conduct the match will end in a dq.

Go check out rule 8-1-3 in administration of penalty points. It confirms exactly what I said. So yes hammerhead I know the rules. It looks like you're the one that doesnt.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Sheesh- In college Unsportsmanlike conduct is a separate sequence unto itself. 1 point then dq for the match.

Rule 8 is weight management and there is no 8-1-3.

See page 5.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.cosida.com/media/documents/2011/12/ncaawrestlingscoringrules.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi1l-jR1c7XAhWwUN8KHYARCioQFggeMAE&usg=AOvVaw30QHSSTRb5BrC_ZRK91ADX

you're really grasping at straws now, i kinda feel bad for you.

Considering the link is titled NCAA wrestling scoring rules, I'm not.

IF I'm solo wrong then you explain what is right! Seriously explain what is right! You have not once explained what you think is the correct interpretation of the rules!

You can't because you're not as smart as you think you are!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Sorry I used the term technical violation in place of unsportsmanlike conduct. The two are almost interchangeable but you're right I was wrong to use the term. However the scoring squenece didn't change thus the overall point I was trying to make. Sorry you can't see that.

LOL

Considering the link is titled NCAA wrestling scoring rules, I'm not.

IF I'm solo wrong then you explain what is right! Seriously explain what is right! You have not once explained what you think is the correct interpretation of the rules!

You can't because you're not as smart as you think you are!

You may want to reconsider. This is the wrestling year 2017-2018. I believe the pdf you linked in is from about 6 years ago. It looks like 2011 through 2013. And when you were talking about 8.1.3 that was from the HS rulebook.

You may want to reconsider. This is the wrestling year 2017-2018. I believe the pdf you linked in is from about 6 years ago. It looks like 2011 through 2013. And when you were talking about 8.1.3 that was from the HS rulebook.

I understand the sources, however are you saying that if a wrestler has 3 non-false start penalties already charged against them a 1st unsportsmanlike conduct charge would be only worth 1 point and not end the match in a dq?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Where's that ignore button?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously asking for clarification on the scoring rules.

Wrestler A has been charged 3 times with non-false start infractions. Then gets hit with his 1st unsportsmanlike conduct charge. Does this match now end as a DQ? Or does it continue with only 1 point charged for the unsportsmanlike conduct?

Gimpeltf please don't pull a hammerhead and run away from this question. You seem to know the rules better than I do, so please teach me!

I've said it a couple of times already. Unsportsmanlike conduct is not part of the other sequences. Read the current book and come back when you have. There's no way you downloaded it and read it in these few minutes since I called you out for having the wrong books.

Edited by gimpeltf

I've said it a couple of times already. Unsportsmanlike conduct is not part of the other sequences. Read the current bill and come back when you have. There's no way you downloaded it and read it in these few minutes since I called you out for having the wrong books.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-19WRE_Penalty_Chart_20170919.pdf

Actually I did read it.

read it again

Wrestler A has been charged 3 times with non-false start infractions. Then gets hit with his 1st unsportsmanlike conduct charge. Does this match now end as a DQ? Or does it continue with only 1 point charged for the unsportsmanlike conduct?

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-19WRE_Penalty_Chart_20170919.pdf

You don't know the answer do you hammerhead?

The whole reason for going to DQ off the 2nd unsportsmanlike is to deter unsportsmanlike conduct. In the scenario I gave there's less of a deterrent than there was prior to the rule change if the match continues and one 1 point is charged.

HAMMERHEAD! I'M BEGGING YOU TO EXPLAIN SOMETHING FOR ONCE IN YOU'RE LIFE.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Sheets top 20+ point shutouts:

28-0

27-0

27-0

24-0

24-0

22-0

other 25+

33-4

31-4

30-3

29-2

25-5

Gotta suck losing that bad. The worst part is you can't even beat the guy up after the match because if he can beat you on the mat that badly a fight probably won't work out very well for you!

Just saw Isaiah White get a 20-1 win at CKLV.  That's the widest margin I've seen in real life, as opposed to theoretical scoring scenarios posted here.

The 24-5 match I posted originally was in real life.  Diakomihalis (Cornell) over Pawelski (Brown) at the Bearcat Open in November.