Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Keystone Classic

Hey Big I agree. Over these past years we have seen 'the train' being almost taken down. Almost is the operative here. It would seem that his opponents are just about geared to, and expect

that almighty hammer to come down hard and heavy, when close to an almost TD.

Sounds about right. I see big things for Deakin in the future.

I still want to see Cassar get it done against top competition.  You know what you have with McCutcheon (R12 with potential to knock off someone and AA.  Beating your teammate who you wrestle with every day does not always prove to be the best wrestler.  I love Cassar's takedown work but again, need him to show he's consistent.

Also, its not uncommon for the Penn State guys to give up an early takedown because its like they aren't even worried about it.  They know they are going to score a ton of points so its almost irrelevant.

I still want to see Cassar get it done against top competition.  You know what you have with McCutcheon (R12 with potential to knock off someone and AA.  Beating your teammate who you wrestle with every day does not always prove to be the best wrestler.  I love Cassar's takedown work but again, need him to show he's consistent.

Also, its not uncommon for the Penn State guys to give up an early takedown because its like they aren't even worried about it.  They know they are going to score a ton of points so its almost irrelevant.

... not McCutcheon.

I think its clearly Cassar at this point.  He won the wrestleoff supposedly, and just won head to head in a tournament.  He has excellent skills from neutral and a couple of red flags

Mccutcheon on the other hand, is mediocre at everything

I meant Zain, Nolf, and Nickel.  Haha, no Cutch is definition of keep it close and hope for a last second win..  But he has had a nice career for a guy that probably should be 184.

I missed that, when you started the posted talking about 197.  Didn't pick up on the transition to the big three.

I agree with this. Cassar is good on his feet, but I do think the jury is still somewhat out about both top and bottom. He doesn't apply pressure the way the other PSU guys do on top. 

Not uncommon for a true freshman to struggle on bottom. Sounds like he is solid everywhere else at least.

What happened with Curch/Cassar? Obv Cassar won but it sounds like McC had some issues in the match?

I assume all the other Penn State guys are mostly going unchallenged. Minus their 133, of course, unless he recovered and was fine to wrestle on the backside?