Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Keystone Classic

Deakin is a beast. He is the only guy that gave Zain a match, and Zain is the second best wrestler in college.

Agree. Look at what Zain did to the very best college wrestlers last year, and by comparison Deakin made it tougher. Not sure how he is 149lbs, but he must be. 

Agree. Look at what Zain did to the very best college wrestlers last year, and by comparison Deakin made it tougher. Not sure how he is 149lbs, but he must be.

Exactly.

Zain is so good that it’s impressive to go 7 min with him. Not sure that will happen more than a few times this season.

What happened with Curch/Cassar? Obv Cassar won but it sounds like McC had some issues in the match?

Traded TDs and escapes plus an extra escape each with both taking down in the 2nd and 3rd. So it was 4-4 with about 90 seconds remaining. Cassar got a TD but it was ruled that he grabbed the headgear and gave up a point with about 30 seconds left. So it was 5-4 Cutch. With about 10 seconds left, he got another TD to win it 6-5. Cutch complained that Cassar grabbed his headgear again on the last TD and was visibly upset about the result. 

Finally a meaningful win. Mattiace is a stud and a legit test. Good showing by Caesar. He has to have sealed the starting spot now.

I think he keeps the starting spot for now, but it's not definitive yet. The match with Cutch was too close to call imo. Sucks to be Cutch right now, but that's part of the game...

Nevill's top game is the difference maker vs top competition right now.

Not what I expected. He is super active on the feet and thought that would be the difference maker.

I was impressed that Kasper 2x prevented Nevills from gaining a reversal when I thought it was basically there 

Edited by TBar1977