Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Does anyone's schedule compare to Mitch Mckee's?

I think Snyder might be the best competitor in the history of USAW....but does anyone like to compete more than Mitch Mckee? I felt this way sense I saw him lose a Fargo after his senior year, and my thought was, "this kid goes everywhere he has got to be burnt out," and he has been wrestling a full D1 schedule while not missing seemingly any freestyle events ever sense. Being in a dual meet the day before leaving for U23s the latest example (shame on the Minny coaching staff by the way). Anyone else notice this? Am I off base?

I think Snyder might be the best competitor in the history of USAW....but does anyone like to compete more than Mitch Mckee? I felt this way sense I saw him lose a Fargo after his senior year, and my thought was, "this kid goes everywhere he has got to be burnt out," and he has been wrestling a full D1 schedule while not missing seemingly any freestyle events ever sense. Being in a dual meet the day before leaving for U23s the latest example (shame on the Minny coaching staff by the way). Anyone else notice this? Am I off base?

sense =/= since

The kid obviously loves to compete. Good for him, I wish him well!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Shame on the staff? The staff and Mitch’s primary focus at this time is the NCAA wrestling season. This weekend is the only time he will have the opportunity to wrestle either Gross or Brock, two of his biggest opponents, until nationals. Not to mention a pretty good tune up heading into the U23 competition.

He may rest when he returns and sit out cliff keen, but as this thread suggests he might just wanna suit up anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the olympic trials in Iowa last cycle, not only was he in the trials, but also the junior event that was going on at the same time.  He was running back and forth doing both tournaments at the same time, with like 10-15 minutes rest at times.  I think he had about 6 matches in before lunch.

Yeah you might be right, but the kid is headed to worlds, which it seems to me should be a peak, and he is having a buttload of travel and weigh ins dropped right on top of it. As the topic implies, maybe he is just that into it, but if he's doing this for the team (duals in november) I think its dumb.

I am right. U23 is great, it was just not the main focus until after the OKST dual.

I think you may be confusing your main focus and Mitch McKee's.

https://youtu.be/l3nH-7oxOc0

Feel free to cut to the 2:40 mark.

He has stated this a few times.

McKee’s matchup with Brock was important to him as well. As stated previously, it is his only regular season meeting against him this year. Same with Gross. Important to get your hands on to see where your development is and what adjustments to make.

Mitch’s next event is always the most important and main focus. That is his approach and the type of competitor he is.

^grappler6 is right, especially about Minnesota related questions. Give it a rest. Just because you think U23 is the focus, doesn’t mean he does.

He has been training his entire life to be an NCAA champion. Brock also happens to be a rival from high school. That match meant a lot to him.

In my opinion McKee should have sat out those duals and focused solely on freestyle leading up to U23's. Taking two losses in folk prior to a major free event is not sensible.

Again his and his coach’s primary focus is NCAA.

It will be interesting to see how people feel when Steveson arrives on the scene.

About where his focus will be or what do ya mean?

A would imagine his first year being primarily focused on NCAA, then beyond that a more hybrid focus. Similar to Snyder, except more folk style. Some will be dictated based on where he falls on the senior ladder by that time as well IMO.

Feel free to cut to the 2:40 mark.

He has stated this a few times.

McKee’s matchup with Brock was important to him as well. As stated previously, it is his only regular season meeting against him this year. Same with Gross. Important to get your hands on to see where your development is and what adjustments to make.

Mitch’s next event is always the most important and main focus. That is his approach and the type of competitor he is.

Still shame on the staff. Brock got taken down three times with the same shrug, which you couldn't blame the staff for....unless he nailed it with him twice in the scuffle SEMIs. Looks more too me like nothing was the priority...

Edited by hammerlockthree

Still shame on the staff. Brock got taken down three times with the same shrug, which you couldn't blame the staff for....unless he nailed it with him twice in the scuffle SEMIs. Looks more too me like nothing was the priority...

I hope your shots at McKee and staff make you feel better at night.

FYI- The shrugs actually varied in technique, one not even from a collar tie.

Let's not like act like U23 is a tournament that anyone has lifetime dreams of winning.  It is a nice opportunity for international experience, that's all.  Michael Kroells talks about how he never knew about it until a month before the qualifier.

I hope your shots at McKee and staff make you feel better at night.

FYI- The shrugs actually varied in technique, one not even from a collar tie.

I started a topic praising Mckee bozo. I just thought I'd make you look dumb for defending the program without thinking.

PS, i know the technique. It's not voodoo, or so weird that Mckee should be taken down with it a half dozen times in 2 matches.

Edited by hammerlockthree