Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Odds we ever see PD3 wrestle in college again?

You are just jealous because you can't finish even one PhD in two years while he will be getting 14 of them in five months! Then he will be Iowa's top guy at all three of the heaviest weight classes - at the same time.

Meanwhile his father will be in the stands beating up anyone who is not wearing Iowa sweatshirts.

Who cares about this fool.  The fact that Downey re-tweets the pathological narcissist, tiny-fingered, corrupt, incompetent, lying, traitor Drumpf is nearly sufficient evidence slone that he is clueless, careless, and conscientious-less enough to warrant no attention beyond mockery.  He is better suited for professional (aka fake) wrestling.  Iowa State didn't want him so he now descends to the bottom-feeding Brands brothers.  In another era, he would just be a sideshow at the traveling circus.

The Real PD2 is on the sauce and cussin' people out over at hawkeye report.

Yeah it’s weird.

Hawk fans had mostly embraced PD3. It would be a bit more savvy to help build up PD3s support over there instead of drunk posting.

Side note: I played PD3 in chess. He is actually pretty damn good. I’m solid myself (I was very good as a child, lessons, dozen or so tournaments a year and almost always placed top 3, occasionally placed in adult tournaments) and he beat me in a close game. Not that I’m that great anymore, but I beat most people who play.

Not sure what that means, but PD2 isn’t blowing smoke about PD3’s chess prowess.

Who cares about this fool.  The fact that Downey re-tweets the pathological narcissist, tiny-fingered, corrupt, incompetent, lying, traitor Drumpf is nearly sufficient evidence slone that he is clueless, careless, and conscientious-less enough to warrant no attention beyond mockery.  He is better suited for professional (aka fake) wrestling.  Iowa State didn't want him so he now descends to the bottom-feeding Brands brothers.  In another era, he would just be a sideshow at the traveling circus.

"...the bottom-feeding Brands brothers..." 

You may be new around here, Mr. dmm53, but that's good stuff!

Yeah it’s weird.

Hawk fans had mostly embraced PD3. It would be a bit more savvy to help build up PD3s support over there instead of drunk posting.

Side note: I played PD3 in chess. He is actually pretty damn good. I’m solid myself (I was very good as a child, lessons, dozen or so tournaments a year and almost always placed top 3, occasionally placed in adult tournaments) and he beat me in a close game. Not that I’m that great anymore, but I beat most people who play.

Not sure what that means, but PD2 isn’t blowing smoke about PD3’s chess prowess.

Yes he is blowing smoke, lol. I understand good is a relative term, but I've seen plenty of "good" players get crushed by marginal tournament players when they start playing in organized events. Doubt Downey would rate higher then a class "D" player which is typical for a decent coffee house type player.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Yes he is blowing smoke, lol. No offense, but there is no such thing as adult tournaments, it's all broken down by ratings once you leave the beginner sections. I understand good is relative term, but I doubt Downey would rate higher then a class "D" player which is typical for a decent coffee house type player.

When you are 9 an “adult” tournament is the one the adults play in.

Seeing as that’s the last time I played, it makes sense that that’s how I reference it.

My rating was around 1200 if I recall correctly. Nothing amazing, but solid for a 9 year old

Correction - age

Edited by Housebuye

When you are 9 an “adult” tournament is the one the adults play in.

Seeing as that’s the last time I played, it makes sense that that’s how I reference it.

My rating was around 1200 if I recall correctly. Nothing amazing, but solid for a 9 year old

Correction - age

Yes, that is solid for 9 years old! I actually edited out that comment as it served no purpose to the point I was try to make. I hit mid 1900s at my peak (as an adult), but it was such a time drain to get any better, I eventually stopped playing competitively. Interesting to note that some of the worst beatings I took were from young Asian kids that were progressing so fast they were always way ahead of their rating. I must of played at least 3 or 4 that went on to be Master or higher. Nothing worse then getting taken to the woodshed by some 10/11 year old kid, lol. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Yes, that is solid for 9 years old! I actually edited out that comment as it served no purpose to the point I was try to make. I hit mid 1900s at my peak (as an adult), but it was such a time drain to get any better, I eventually stopped playing competitively. Interesting to note that some of the worst beatings I took were from young Asian kids that were progressing so fast they were always way ahead of their rating. I must of played at least 3 or 4 that went on to be Master or higher. Nothing worse then getting taken to the woodshed by some 10/11 year old kid, lol.

Damn! 1900 is excellent. My brother was in the high 1400s as a 13 year old. I beat him once I think.

Our teacher was in the low 2000s at his peak. Sounds like you were right there. He stopped playing and became a professional scrabble player.

Some of those young Asian kids were so good. I sometimes watched their games. I played probably 10 hours a week or so and couldn’t really follow why they were moving the way they did.

I was not a great wrestler but I can watch high level wrestling and understand it. With chess, not so much, and I was definiately a better chess player than wrestler.

Seriously can PD2 just not help himself? People over at IA are pretty much team PD3 at this point and he's still picking fights with them. It's just baffling.

Needs to follow MacTruck's lead and stay off the hell off the internet while his son's competing (so far this year anyway, knock on wood).

Needs to follow MacTruck's lead and stay off the hell off the internet while his son's competing (so far this year anyway, knock on wood).

PD2 has to keep going hard if he wants to be mentioned amongst greats like MAC Truck. There used to be a popular Ohio wrestling forum that was eventually consumed by him. That is dedication.

Welcome to The Mat. This place can always use a new loser. 

Meanwhile his father will be in the stands beating up anyone who is not wearing Iowa sweatshirts.

I'd buy tickets to the PD2 vs.  "Massive" match.

Edited by stp