Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Biggest barrier to Retherford winning Hodge

They need a one point escape chain before they start a pin chain, and after watching them against CSU and Kent State, they might want to consider implementing some technique to get said pins. Snyder is basically just strangling kids to death and rolling them over. 

.... just read the Columbus, Ohio police blotter- didn't see anything about Snyder or strangulation deaths- - who is your source? ....

1.)  It doesn't really matter what Jaggers has done.  It's going to offend someone or tick someone off.  Heck... I give this comment a 99% chance of offending at least 1% of the readers of this post.

2.)  Who cares.  The "kids" are having fun, it's good natured, and it's helping promote what they need to compete with the bonus machines at PSU come Nationals.  Will they succeed?  Probably not... but against inferior competition, maybe they'll pad their pin stats a little this year.

3.) No one is catching Zain for the Hodge, except for his crazy teammates Nolf, Hall, or Nickal.  They are just seriously on a different level when it comes to bonus, and pin chain or not, no one from the buckeye crew is going to catch them.  

4.) Here's an idea:  How about a "Tech Chain".  A tech, IMHO is more humiliating and crushing for the opponent.  Afterall, Miklus caught Haught last night, when Haught is clearly the better overall wrestler.  Miklus got lucky.  It's much harder to "get lucky" whilst one is tech'ing a guy.  It's work... AND... Moore of Kollin, Snyder and MyMar have a history of putting up points (just not falls)

So... pin chain, turnover chain, tech chain... who cares.  Let 'em have fun.  And... if anyone is offended by whatever any of them are doing... channel your inner snowflake and come up with a better solution and give the kids, and coaches, a break.

its the fact that he has to compete with the best wrestler on earth....and isn't in the top 50....and the award is best wrestler....

We all know Snyder is the best wrestler and I would have no problem if they gave him the Hodge. I thought the award was supposed to be "Most dominant wrestler" not "best wrestler" though? They do seem to emphasize different criteria each year to justify their picks, but due to Snyders low number of pins and overall matches according to past precedent, he shouldn't get it.

We all know Snyder is the best wrestler and I would have no problem if they gave him the Hodge. I thought the award was supposed to be "Most dominant wrestler" not "best wrestler" though? They do seem to emphasize different criteria each year to justify their picks, but due to Snyders low number of pins and overall matches according to past precedent, he shouldn't get it.

The Hodge criteria points have definitely been weighted differently for different years, it's not a 100% objective award.  However, none of the criteria says or implies best wrestler, which we all know is Snyder, by far.  I have zero dog in this fight, but the idea that Snyder should have won the Hodge twice already entirely ignores the actual criteria as opposed to certain voters picking and choosing which criteria to emphasize more (after all everyone is susceptible to bias).  If Snyder wins the Hodge I think it'd be good for the sport, and I think there's a strong argument that we should change the criteria for who wins our Heisman equivalent, but if I were a voter I would not be able to justify voting for him the last two years.  Who knows what happens the next few months.

You would t give NASCAR's driver of the year award to a NASCAR driver because he is the world champion Formula One driver as well. You give the NASCAR award to the best NASCAR driver.

NASCAR, lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk