Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Zach Sherman

He is the 133 pounder for UNC and was a high level guy in high school.

Blair wrestler

Beast of the East champion

Multiple time National Prep runner up

#73 on the big board

#11 in his weight

He is 4-3 on the year, but all of his losses were close and to high level guys -

Kaid Brock (5-3) - fun match. He went forty and was competitive

Ben Thorton (7-4)

Dennis Gustafson (6-4)

I hear he is progressing well in the room. He is someone to keep an eye on. He will have a great career, especially training with the excellent UNC coaches around his weight. Rolling with Coleman Scott and and Tony Ramos every day is going to turn him into a high level guy.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:24 AM, Housebuye said:

He is the 133 pounder for UNC and was a high level guy in high school.

Blair wrestler

Beast of the East champion

Multiple time National Prep runner up

#73 on the big board

#11 in his weight

He is 4-3 on the year, but all of his losses were close and to high level guys -

Kaid Brock (5-3) - fun match. He went forty and was competitive

Ben Thorton (7-4)

Dennis Gustafson (6-4)

I hear he is progressing well in the room. He is someone to keep an eye on. He will have a great career, especially training with the excellent UNC coaches around his weight. Rolling with Coleman Scott and and Tony Ramos every day is going to turn him into a high level guy.

This in fact did age well 

Sherman’s nickname should be “captain consistent.” You know exactly what you’re going to get every single time he steps on the mat. He also has one hell of a motor. He’s a guy that gets stronger as the match goes on. I predict this year he makes it to the round of 12. But I do think he will reach the podium at least once before he graduates. Absolutely love watching him wrestle and glad he’s a Tar Heel.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, goheels1812 said:

Sherman’s nickname should be “captain consistent.” You know exactly what you’re going to get every single time he steps on the mat. He also has one hell of a motor. He’s a guy that gets stronger as the match goes on. I predict this year he makes it to the round of 12. But I do think he will reach the podium at least once before he graduates. Absolutely love watching him wrestle and glad he’s a Tar Heel.

At least once!

11 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

At least once!

I hate he didn’t get Chad Red last night. I was looking forward to another round of Wilson vs. Sherman. It really is crazy how consistently solid Sherman has been for the past few years. I’m sure him and O’Connor have some fun go’s in the practice room!

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I hate he didn’t get Chad Red last night. I was looking forward to another round of Wilson vs. Sherman. It really is crazy how consistently solid Sherman has been for the past few years. I’m sure him and O’Connor have some fun go’s in the practice room!

I bet that has helped AOC quite a bit. Sherman is so solid. He doesn’t have some of the athletic gifts of other elite wrestlers, but still figures out a way via technique and grit (mentally and physically). 

The moment he realized he won in the bloodhound was cool to watch

8 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

How many years does Sherman have left 

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

How many years does Sherman have left 

He’s a junior this year, so depending on what he wants to do he could have 1-2 years of eligibility left due to the COVID season. My gut feeling is he will wrestle out his senior year next year and that will be it. 

6 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

The moment he realized he won in the bloodhound was cool to watch

That moment really made me smile. I know it’s the most cliche thing in the world to say, but you’d really be hard pressed to find anyone that outworks Sherman. I still know a few people around the UNC program from when I was there and every time we talk about the team they rave about Sherman’s work ethic. All the typical things: first to practice, last to leave, leader on the team, no days off in the offseason, etc etc. When it all comes together for a guy like that you can’t help but to be immensely happy for him.