CA_Wrestler

World Clubs Cup

Dake Geduev. Cox Sadulaev or bump him up for the rematch? Fantasy match ups. Too many Russians on the Iran squad.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

That's all true. But I sort of look at it as somewhat of an all star game/competition. IMO, nothing wrong with the best wrestlers on the planet mingling as teammates in a Club tournament. I think it shows great sportsmanship and friendship.

Now, when the World Cup and World Championships roll around, yes, Iran will be Iran (really hope Iran competes in Iowa in April), USA will be USA, Russia will be Russia........etc

I'd love to see Fix in there, but I'm pretty stoked to see Dake, J'Den and DT all in the same line-up.  That will be a pretty interesting stretch.  No James Green kind of disappoints me.  I thought Franklin Gomez had moved to Puerto Rico or somewhere?

I'd love to see Fix in there, but I'm pretty stoked to see Dake, J'Den and DT all in the same line-up. That will be a pretty interesting stretch. No James Green kind of disappoints me. I thought Franklin Gomez had moved to Puerto Rico or somewhere?

Gomez wrestles at worlds for PR. He trains at NLWC.

Clubs Cup is not a country vs country event

Abdul, I like freestyle better than folkstyle but yeah, the NCAA semis are Friday night and then the NCAA finals on Saturday night are just awesome every year. 

Agree, Abdul seems to appreciate folk and the NCAA tournament.  I wonder if he is the exception or if other internationals follow our NCAA tournament as well. 

Agree, Abdul seems to appreciate folk and the NCAA tournament.  I wonder if he is the exception or if other internationals follow our NCAA tournament as well. 

i like NCAA cuz there the management is doing a good job. Secure tournaments. There are no crazy (Tom Brands sorry) coaches  and fans who are trying to wrestle the tournament to make an MMA tournament. Many people in the arena, etc.

I was a big fan of DT for years bc he had always been such a great ambassador for the sport but yeah he kind of lost me with his sour grapes routine last year.... plus I don't think he ever issued an apology. Kind of surprising that he didn't lose sponsors as there was a pretty big backlash at the time. Anyway I hope he earns a world team spot and gets a medal now that there are new weight classes, he's still exciting to watch on the mat.

Bimeh Razi Club roster

57, Younes Sarmasti

61, Masoud Esmaeilpour, Iman Sadeghi

65, Meisam Nasiri, Ahmad Mohammadi

70, Hamed Rashidi

74, Bahman Teymouri, Khetag Tsabalov

79, Ainuar Geduev

86, Javad Ebrahimi, Kamran Ghasempour

92, Abdulrashid Sadulaev

97, Mojtaba Goleij

125, Yadollah Mohebbi, Komeil Ghasemi

Reference Dake and Taylor finishing 2nd or 3rd how many years in a row now. Like 5? It gets very frustrating especially if you think you would win Gold and Taylor truly believes he would have easily beat Yazdani-he really thinks this. He and Dake will finally get their chance in 2018. If they don't win Gold it will be a let down. But still no excuse for sour grapes from both of them. Pretty strange track they are both on. Both lost to JB multiple times and JDEN. The world is against them feeling...haha. Now the world has finally turned in their favor with more weight classes.  

It's too bad Yazdani would have torched Taylor at world's just like he did everyone else. Hell, Taylor was almost DQ'd last time they wrestled when Yaz first bumped up in weight. It took David a year or two of juice to fill into a true 86..

Uh... Perry... Wow.

PRyan, it will absolutely NOT be a disappointment if Dake and Taylor don’t win gold but still medal. Maybe to you, but a medal of any color min their first worlds would be a great way to start their international hardware haul.

Also, they both have to make the team first. They’re very strong favorites, but you never know. Dake especially has some talented young challengers with nothing to lose by taking their best shot at him. I’m not suggesting either doesn’t make the team, but let’s not get wat ahead of ourselves here with the gold or bust comments