CA_Wrestler

World Clubs Cup

Uh... Perry... Wow.

PRyan, it will absolutely NOT be a disappointment if Dake and Taylor don’t win gold but still medal. Maybe to you, but a medal of any color min their first worlds would be a great way to start their international hardware haul.

Also, they both have to make the team first. They’re very strong favorites, but you never know. Dake especially has some talented young challengers with nothing to lose by taking their best shot at him. I’m not suggesting either doesn’t make the team, but let’s not get wat ahead of ourselves here with the gold or bust comments

NO I do not believe Gold or bust. I know that from Taylor's perspective he feels he would have beat Yazdani and especially the guy Cox lost to. Dake and Taylor both feel they should have a few titles. And you are right they still could lose in the new weights but I really do not see that especially since Cox and Heflin are moving to 202lbs. Now Dake vs Valencia could be a good one.

Edited by PRyan2012

It's too bad Yazdani would have torched Taylor at world's just like he did everyone else. Hell, Taylor was almost DQ'd last time they wrestled when Yaz first bumped up in weight. It took David a year or two of juice to fill into a true 86..

He was almost DQd prior to pinning the opponent.   I'll take that every time.   

What an exciting season we're about to experience.    Dake and Taylor should be make the team and both should be right in the mix in terms of the top guns at the big show..  I'm loving the additions to the weight classes.      

We will find out soon enough if Taylor can beat Yazdani again. Just like at 213 there is no one within 15 points of Taylor at 189 with Heflin and Cox going 202-well maybe Bo Nickal but that is because they train together. I think Taylor handles him again but am really excited to see the match. Wish Yazdani was in this event this week.

Edited by PRyan2012

Bimeh Razi Club roster

57, Younes Sarmasti

61, Masoud Esmaeilpour, Iman Sadeghi

65, Meisam Nasiri, Ahmad Mohammadi

70, Hamed Rashidi

74, Bahman Teymouri, Khetag Tsabalov

79, Ainuar Geduev

86, Javad Ebrahimi, Kamran Ghasempour

92, Abdulrashid Sadulaev

97, Mojtaba Goleij

125, Yadollah Mohebbi, Komeil Ghasemi

So which guy will Taylor wrestle? Sadulaev vs Cox? Dake vs Geduev?

Also any word on Titan Mercury's 61kg entry?

No tournament in Iran (Takhti,WTT,Clubs Cup) ever has a stream. Only when UWW themselves put a world cup on they will organise a stream. This one won't either.

That's a bummer, but the silver lining is that there's a better chance of finding the full matches on YouTube later since there's won't be any media rights.

It will be shown on Iranian TV. The problem is they cut in and out and will never show the whole thing, so there will be plenty of lost matches. If they streamed all the matches then you could go through them and see full matches.

How crazy would it be if Cox just torched Sadulaev? This forum might fall apart. 

It would be absolute insanity.  I don't see Cox scoring a single point, let alone torching him.       Sadulaev went better than even with Snyder for 5:30, before finally succumbing to the bigger man.    Cox wont be bigger than him and wont have that advantage.   Sadulaev is by far the better wrestler.    

This was just posted on Titan Mercury's twitter page:

What time is TMWC wrestling tonight? Here is the complete schedule for the World Clubs Cup daily competition. Live-streaming of the World Clubs Cup will be supported on Instagram and Twitter @iranwrestling & we will keep updating & providing as much live coverage as possible @titan_mercury