CA_Wrestler

World Clubs Cup

Still didn't get to see any Dake, Taylor, Heflin and other matches here from Iran. Would be greatly appreciated if anyone could post them.

Yes, and real cool to see Snyder hit the gut. Oh boy, if he starts chaining that right off his takedowns.

Abdullah Khuzin, if you would be so kind, please post video of Dake and Taylor from the world club cup.    On your next visit to Knoxville Tennessee, on me a caviar hoagie and vodka protein shake.    

Thank you 

final match Cali vs Easy pipe 

Was just watching the Easy Pipe final. Wish we could see the other duals as well.

Interesting to hear the inflection change of the play-by-play guy (I guess that's Farsi right?) when Taylor scores the takedown in the 2nd period against Karimi. Also sounded like the pbp guy was talking about Cox and Sharifov in the first minute of Taylor's match. (Could be wrong on that but thought I heard their names.)

Anyway just talking as a fan here but looked like when DT turned up the notch against Karimi, he could score, and he did. Even though Taylor beat Karimi, still thought he let Karimi hang around way too much. Too close for comfort. Make him wrestle. Score your points.

Again, just saying this as a huge Magicman fan.

Edited by 2td3nf

Taylor beat Karimi at last year's Clubs Cup, 12-6. I don't know if it's because Karimi is closing the gap or if it's Taylor or what, but it does look like DT has lost a lot of his hallmark offensive fluidity & motion and replaced it with a more square-up, grind-out style. Maybe that just comes with bulking up to 86kg and how bigs normally wrestle, but DT has been looking less and less like DT on the mat lately.

It's because Taylor is old. When he first beat Yazdani with all the excitement I thought he was a young guy. Now I see he's 27 so hard to see him doing much. Especially regarding 2020. The guy lost to Rahimi all the way back in junior worlds and everyone knows Rahimi is getting up there. 

Edited by Shiraz123

It's because Taylor is old. When he first beat Yazdani with all the excitement I thought he was a young guy. Now I see he's 27 so hard to see him doing much. Especially regarding 2020. The guy lost to Rahimi all the way back in junior worlds and everyone knows Rahimi is getting up there. 

Anatoly Roshchin started his successful international cycle (which lasted for ten years) at 30. Taylor will do just fine. 

(Yeah I'm kind of joking here, but still.)

Taylor beat Karimi at last year's Clubs Cup, 12-6. I don't know if it's because Karimi is closing the gap or if it's Taylor or what, but it does look like DT has lost a lot of his hallmark offensive fluidity & motion and replaced it with a more square-up, grind-out style. Maybe that just comes with bulking up to 86kg and how bigs normally wrestle, but DT has been looking less and less like DT on the mat lately.

Another explanation is that Karimi played it much safer with Taylor, having been beaten by him previously. After Taylor destroyed the field (including pinning Yazdani), folks scouted him much more closely.

Taylor scored a pin (was it 2 pins?) and a few tech falls on the way to the finals against Easy Pipe. 

Dake went 5-0 and outscored his opponents 53-0?

Wish we could see those other duals.

Edited by 2td3nf