• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

I think jden Cox should kick d.taylor in the stones for his comments.
  • pamela likes this
MAGA!

#42 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

I think jden Cox should kick d.taylor in the stones for his comments.

DT is like a Qb who thinks he should start no matter how ****ty he practices. Taylor showed a serious lack of class in his comments about J'Den.

• pamela likes this

#43 jeffr_ideal

jeffr_ideal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Abdul, I like freestyle better than folkstyle but yeah, the NCAA semis are Friday night and then the NCAA finals on Saturday night are just awesome every year. 

Agree, Abdul seems to appreciate folk and the NCAA tournament.  I wonder if he is the exception or if other internationals follow our NCAA tournament as well. 

#44 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

Agree, Abdul seems to appreciate folk and the NCAA tournament.  I wonder if he is the exception or if other internationals follow our NCAA tournament as well. 

i like NCAA cuz there the management is doing a good job. Secure tournaments. There are no crazy (Tom Brands sorry) coaches  and fans who are trying to wrestle the tournament to make an MMA tournament. Many people in the arena, etc.

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#45 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

I was a big fan of DT for years bc he had always been such a great ambassador for the sport but yeah he kind of lost me with his sour grapes routine last year.... plus I don't think he ever issued an apology. Kind of surprising that he didn't lose sponsors as there was a pretty big backlash at the time. Anyway I hope he earns a world team spot and gets a medal now that there are new weight classes, he's still exciting to watch on the mat.

#46 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

Bimeh Razi Club roster

57, Younes Sarmasti

61, Masoud Esmaeilpour, Iman Sadeghi

65, Meisam Nasiri, Ahmad Mohammadi

70, Hamed Rashidi

74, Bahman Teymouri, Khetag Tsabalov

79, Ainuar Geduev

86, Javad Ebrahimi, Kamran Ghasempour

92, Abdulrashid Sadulaev

97, Mojtaba Goleij

125, Yadollah Mohebbi, Komeil Ghasemi

• cjc007 and 2td3nf like this

#47 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

Reference Dake and Taylor finishing 2nd or 3rd how many years in a row now. Like 5? It gets very frustrating especially if you think you would win Gold and Taylor truly believes he would have easily beat Yazdani-he really thinks this. He and Dake will finally get their chance in 2018. If they don't win Gold it will be a let down. But still no excuse for sour grapes from both of them. Pretty strange track they are both on. Both lost to JB multiple times and JDEN. The world is against them feeling...haha. Now the world has finally turned in their favor with more weight classes.  

• pamela likes this

#48 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:25 AM

It's too bad Yazdani would have torched Taylor at world's just like he did everyone else. Hell, Taylor was almost DQ'd last time they wrestled when Yaz first bumped up in weight. It took David a year or two of juice to fill into a true 86..

#49 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:02 AM

Uh... Perry... Wow.

PRyan, it will absolutely NOT be a disappointment if Dake and Taylor don’t win gold but still medal. Maybe to you, but a medal of any color min their first worlds would be a great way to start their international hardware haul.

Also, they both have to make the team first. They’re very strong favorites, but you never know. Dake especially has some talented young challengers with nothing to lose by taking their best shot at him. I’m not suggesting either doesn’t make the team, but let’s not get wat ahead of ourselves here with the gold or bust comments

#50 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

To clarify nerd, I was being facetious. There was a thread prior to ncaa season insinuating Taylor was on the juice. I am not actually insinuating that he was.

#51 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

Uh... Perry... Wow.

PRyan, it will absolutely NOT be a disappointment if Dake and Taylor don’t win gold but still medal. Maybe to you, but a medal of any color min their first worlds would be a great way to start their international hardware haul.

Also, they both have to make the team first. They’re very strong favorites, but you never know. Dake especially has some talented young challengers with nothing to lose by taking their best shot at him. I’m not suggesting either doesn’t make the team, but let’s not get wat ahead of ourselves here with the gold or bust comments

NO I do not believe Gold or bust. I know that from Taylor's perspective he feels he would have beat Yazdani and especially the guy Cox lost to. Dake and Taylor both feel they should have a few titles. And you are right they still could lose in the new weights but I really do not see that especially since Cox and Heflin are moving to 202lbs. Now Dake vs Valencia could be a good one.

Edited by PRyan2012, 04 December 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#52 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

Well, if Taylor and Dake make our 2018 World Team, I hope they and all the rest of our men and women do the absolute best they can, and we bring home a boat load of medals and titles.

#53 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

It's too bad Yazdani would have torched Taylor at world's just like he did everyone else. Hell, Taylor was almost DQ'd last time they wrestled when Yaz first bumped up in weight. It took David a year or two of juice to fill into a true 86..

He was almost DQd prior to pinning the opponent.   I'll take that every time.   

What an exciting season we're about to experience.    Dake and Taylor should be make the team and both should be right in the mix in terms of the top guns at the big show..  I'm loving the additions to the weight classes.      

#54 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

When is this thing happening?

#55 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,903 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Dec 7 and 8

#56 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:59 AM

We will find out soon enough if Taylor can beat Yazdani again. Just like at 213 there is no one within 15 points of Taylor at 189 with Heflin and Cox going 202-well maybe Bo Nickal but that is because they train together. I think Taylor handles him again but am really excited to see the match. Wish Yazdani was in this event this week.

Edited by PRyan2012, 05 December 2017 - 02:05 AM.

#57 lu1979

lu1979

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:24 AM

Is this going to be streamed?  

#58 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

David Taylor won the Spanish Grand Prix at two different weights. I don't think there's any doubt he pins his way through worlds and Yazdani (if he can make the team). 

• pamela and TheRealOne9050 like this

#59 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

I haven't seen anything yet about the event being streamed.  Nothing up on UWW site.   Hope they get their act together and do it.  

#60 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

Bimeh Razi Club roster

57, Younes Sarmasti
61, Masoud Esmaeilpour, Iman Sadeghi
65, Meisam Nasiri, Ahmad Mohammadi
70, Hamed Rashidi
74, Bahman Teymouri, Khetag Tsabalov
79, Ainuar Geduev
86, Javad Ebrahimi, Kamran Ghasempour
92, Abdulrashid Sadulaev
97, Mojtaba Goleij
125, Yadollah Mohebbi, Komeil Ghasemi

So which guy will Taylor wrestle? Sadulaev vs Cox? Dake vs Geduev?

Also any word on Titan Mercury's 61kg entry?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users