• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#121 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

Came down to Gwiz match. He lost a tough one.

Dake kicked ass the whole tourney. Anyone have thoughts on the guys he faced?

#122 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

That ankle pick to leg lace that Dake hit in the finals was sweet.

#123 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

For the love of all that's holy, a final box score????

• Fishhook likes this

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#124 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Go to Titan Mercury Twitter (can search on google)
  • Coach_J likes this

#125 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:00 AM

Dont' have box scores and started late.

Nazar won his match

Dake tech

DT 3-1 over a tough Iranian

Heflin lost by a couple, have no idea what happened in that match.  It was being stopped by the ref of challenged the whole time.

Synder tech over the guy Sad beat in the Russian finals.  Seriously the biggest 97kilo guy ever

Gwiz loses 6-5 to the world champ. 

#126 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Very upsetting to see a team with the proud and noble history of Titan Mercury lose to Easy Pipe. Cletus, this one hurts. 

• pjm46, cjc007, Cletus_Tucker and 2 others like this

#127 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:46 AM

57  Atari dec Gilman, 6-4  PP
61  Khinchegashvili dec Waters, 7-0  PO
65  Khalili dec Futrell, 6-3  PP
70  Naderi dec Gomez, 2-2  PP
74  Kulchytskyy dec Elyasi 5-4  PP
79  Dake tech Afzali, 12-0  ST
86  Taylor dec Karimi 3-1  PP
92  Shabazi dec Heflin 4-2  PP
97  Snyder tech Batsiev, 11-0  ST
125 Petriashvili dec Gwiazdowski 6-5  PP

Easy Pipe Kasham over Titan Mercury, 6-4

@Shiraz123 - not so bad considering the holes in TMWC's lineup!

Edited by pamela, 08 December 2017 - 04:49 AM.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#128 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

How good is the guy that beat Gilman?  He beat a silver medalist from India earlier right?

#129 cangemi

cangemi

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Anyone score a point on Dake I keep seeing zeros next to box scores. Has always been special!

Expect big things. 

Frank C

#130 IRTYTKY

IRTYTKY

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

That was insane, the ref was terrible.  Stopped it so fast every time Heflin had a front head or chest wrap.  I thought Royce Alger might get arrested!

Thought the same thing, his legs were gigantic and he had like 6 inches on Snyder

To be fair, that statement is true of Royce Alger on most days. Not just specifically today. 

• Coach_J, Gantry and Witherman like this

#131 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

Well, I thought most of our guys did really well, I think Gilman had a great tourney, and even though he dropped his last match, it was pretty tight. I think he will learn from this and build upon it.
Nazar, also had a great tourney, he was up a weight and ran the table, good for him.
Dake, he was like a little terminator, he got in and went right to work, and piled up the points. I believe he went unscored upon. I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do here at this weight.
DT, was also on the winning side of things, and I think he should be able to build on this.
Heflin, I'm not sure what kind of international experience he has, but he looked pretty comfortable out there, I was impressed, and I think if he wrestles that guy in the finals again, he will prevail.
Capt. America was his typical self, although he did give up a couple of takedowns in his early matches, his constant pressure wore everyone down. I am glad to see that he did get a couple of trap arm guts, hopefully he can continue to develop his ability to turn people.
Gwiz looks really good, I know he lost in the finals but I think this tourney shows that he is getting better, and I think this was a positive sign going forward.
All in all, I'm glad that all of the guys got the chance to experience this, and they are better wrestles for it.

Edited by de4856, 08 December 2017 - 06:11 AM.

#132 neutralposition

neutralposition

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

My only question, and call it sour grapes or whatever you want to call it, is do these "club teams" with all of these international studs really compete as a club?

Easy Pipe is an Iranian club with the following athletes:

Easy Pipe was represented by 2017 World champion Geno Petriashvilli of Georgia at heavyweight

Next up, Easy Pipe’s Vladimir Khinchegashvili, a 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World champion for Georgia

Vladislav Baitsaev of Russia, a Russian National runner-up and past Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix champion

Do these guys train in Iran?  All of he USA guys train do.

#133 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

We had Khinchegashvili last year.

• Coach_J likes this

#134 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

My only question, and call it sour grapes or whatever you want to call it, is do these "club teams" with all of these international studs really compete as a club?

Easy Pipe is an Iranian club with the following athletes:

Easy Pipe was represented by 2017 World champion Geno Petriashvilli of Georgia at heavyweight

Next up, Easy Pipe’s Vladimir Khinchegashvili, a 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World champion for Georgia

Vladislav Baitsaev of Russia, a Russian National runner-up and past Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix champion

Do these guys train in Iran?  All of he USA guys train do.

It's a club, they can get who ever is willing to compete for them.  They don't have to compete in Iran in order to be eligible.   They were looking to get  Burroughs for this.   

Great Job Titan Mercury with another finals appearance.   

#135 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,291 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:55 AM

Reading the initial comments it sounded like Snyder had a serious match then check the results and he won by tech. Dake being awesome is a compliment towards JB.

Edited by sgallan, 08 December 2017 - 07:02 AM.

• 2td3nf likes this

#136 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

That ankle pick to leg lace that Dake hit in the finals was sweet.

I’ve never seen him do that before and am 99% sure he has never hit that in competition before. Good to see that Dake is still improving and adding to his skills. Very impressive showing.

#137 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Where is Gwiz training? I could not believe that he is right there and is continually improving. He hung with a very athletic big heavyweight champ! He was teched by Gino 6 months ago or was that Akgul? Snyder beating the Russian #1 guy at 213 with utter ease-P4P best in the stinkin world! Dake world champ! Taylor maybe. Our team will be favorites to win it again in 2018!

Edited by PRyan2012, 08 December 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#138 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Where is Gwiz training? I could not believe that he is right there and is continually improving. He hung with a very athletic big heavyweight champ! He was teched by Gino 6 months ago or was that Akgul? Snyder beating the Russian #1 guy at 213 with utter ease-P4P best in the stinkin world! Dake world champ! Taylor maybe. Our team will be favorites to win it again in 2018!

Akgul.  I think he did wrestle Geno once and get teched though.  Maybe at the world cup last year?

#139 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Well, even though Titan Mercury didn't win the entire thing, it was a great team effort, and a congrats to the Titan Mercury Wrestling Club. The success of the team and our guys, has me looking forward with anticipation to seeing our guys compete again. I think this success helps energize USA Wrestling, it's wrestlers, and the fans. Lastly, I think the guys got five pretty high quality matches, which has to be very beneficial for them going forward into 2018.
  • cjc007 likes this

#140 dmm53

dmm53
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Wow, Taylor is really bulking . . . and hulking up.

https://twitter.com/...8408448/photo/1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users