#162 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Ur welcome. I try for you 

• Coach_J likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#163 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Was just watching the Easy Pipe final. Wish we could see the other duals as well.

Interesting to hear the inflection change of the play-by-play guy (I guess that's Farsi right?) when Taylor scores the takedown in the 2nd period against Karimi. Also sounded like the pbp guy was talking about Cox and Sharifov in the first minute of Taylor's match. (Could be wrong on that but thought I heard their names.)

Anyway just talking as a fan here but looked like when DT turned up the notch against Karimi, he could score, and he did. Even though Taylor beat Karimi, still thought he let Karimi hang around way too much. Too close for comfort. Make him wrestle. Score your points.

Again, just saying this as a huge Magicman fan.

Edited by 2td3nf, 20 December 2017 - 11:41 AM.

• Cletus_Tucker and Housebuye like this

#164 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

One more thing, after watching Dake go out there and just put on a clinic - was sort of expecting DT to light up the scoreboard as well.

I know, and Karimi's pretty tough too.

#165 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

Taylor beat Karimi at last year's Clubs Cup, 12-6. I don't know if it's because Karimi is closing the gap or if it's Taylor or what, but it does look like DT has lost a lot of his hallmark offensive fluidity & motion and replaced it with a more square-up, grind-out style. Maybe that just comes with bulking up to 86kg and how bigs normally wrestle, but DT has been looking less and less like DT on the mat lately.

#166 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:50 AM

It's because Taylor is old. When he first beat Yazdani with all the excitement I thought he was a young guy. Now I see he's 27 so hard to see him doing much. Especially regarding 2020. The guy lost to Rahimi all the way back in junior worlds and everyone knows Rahimi is getting up there. 

Edited by Shiraz123, 22 December 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#167 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

It's because Taylor is old. When he first beat Yazdani with all the excitement I thought he was a young guy. Now I see he's 27 so hard to see him doing much. Especially regarding 2020. The guy lost to Rahimi all the way back in junior worlds and everyone knows Rahimi is getting up there. 

Anatoly Roshchin started his successful international cycle (which lasted for ten years) at 30. Taylor will do just fine. 

(Yeah I'm kind of joking here, but still.)

#168 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

Taylor beat Karimi at last year's Clubs Cup, 12-6. I don't know if it's because Karimi is closing the gap or if it's Taylor or what, but it does look like DT has lost a lot of his hallmark offensive fluidity & motion and replaced it with a more square-up, grind-out style. Maybe that just comes with bulking up to 86kg and how bigs normally wrestle, but DT has been looking less and less like DT on the mat lately.

Another explanation is that Karimi played it much safer with Taylor, having been beaten by him previously. After Taylor destroyed the field (including pinning Yazdani), folks scouted him much more closely.

#169 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Taylor scored a pin (was it 2 pins?) and a few tech falls on the way to the finals against Easy Pipe. 

Dake went 5-0 and outscored his opponents 53-0?

Wish we could see those other duals.

Edited by 2td3nf, 22 December 2017 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users