CA_Wrestler

World Clubs Cup

Looks like semis have been rescheduled for 10am Friday morning (Tehran)/9:30pm(?) PST tonight.

I wonder why the change - did the tournament fall way behind schedule or what? Seems like a little bit of a wrench for all competitors who are advancing, in terms of how they plan their rest, diet/weight(?) and other prep.

Bimeh Razi lost to another Iranian club !! we won't see Sadulaev and co in the final

they lost 6-4 to Setaregan Sari, while Nasiri managed to beat Haji Aliyev 8-4. Tsabalov, Geduev and Goleij they all lost their matches

being down 5-4 and they knew even 5-5 is not enough for them, Komeil Ghasemi withdrew from the last match.

Sarmasti lost to Hajaghania 8-2 (fall)

Sadeghi beat Ramezanpour 7-4

Nasiri beat Aliyev 8-4

Rashidi lost to Kurbanaliev 4-3 (fall)

Geduev lost to Hassantabar 10-7

Ebrahimi beat Mahmoudi 5-0

Sadulaev beat Eslami 11-0

Goleij lost to Nejatian 4-3

Ghasemi lost to Sadeghzadeh walkover

Damn...

Big surprise,     I think we were all hoping to see them in the final.   

Maybe I have the name wrong but the pdf has Geno Petriashvili losing 5-0 to Levani Gogrichiani.  Is that the defending world champ for Georgia at 125kg who lost?

that was the classification point, he is the same guy, he just didn't show up since his team already won the dual.

here are the complete results. so far

http://iawf.ir/Public/iawf.ir/1/clubs%20cup/free%20style%20clubs%20cup-2017-5.pdf

And people were comparing Goleij to Hassan Yazdani after U-23 worlds hahaha. His awful style is never going to work outside of weak tournaments.

Goleij never had it easy against Iranian wrestlers, his style based on pushing only works against non-Iranians. he won the world junior title, but next year (while still being a junior) he finished 4th in national juniors trials !

he is an one dimensional wrestler, still the best in Iran at this weight right now. even though still he might not win the trials.. btw comparing him to Yazdani is just a joke.

Anybody else really impressed with Dake?  He's making it look easy.  I honestly feel like this is a great weight class for him.  He's looking quicker and more powerful than every person he's wrestling.  Absolutely dominating every single person while making it very entertaining.  His ability to throw at any given moment really makes it fun to watch him.  If you missed his last match, he kind of did a shrug/slide bye thing and had a bear hug from the side and immediately did a back arch throw with ease.  Old school freestyle it would have been 5.  He's also hitting lots of different types of attacks.  

Anybody else really impressed with Dake? He's making it look easy. I honestly feel like this is a great weight class for him. He's looking quicker and more powerful than every person he's wrestling. Absolutely dominating every single person while making it very entertaining. His ability to throw at any given moment really makes it fun to watch him. If you missed his last match, he kind of did a shrug/slide bye thing and had a bear hug from the side and immediately did a back arch throw with ease. Old school freestyle it would have been 5. He's also hitting lots of different types of attacks.

He definitely looks improved although it’s hard to tell because he’s wrestling relative chumps. That throw you mention is something he’s had inbis arsenal for some time, but he doesn’t often get in a situation to hit it. He nailed Imart with it last summer en route to a thrashing.

I didn’t watch everything but from what I saw, I agree Dake stood out as particularly impressive.

What on Earth is happening in this Heflin match?

That was insane, the ref was terrible.  Stopped it so fast every time Heflin had a front head or chest wrap.  I thought Royce Alger might get arrested!

The guy Synder is wrestling is HUGE, how does he make this weight?

Thought the same thing, his legs were gigantic and he had like 6 inches on Snyder

Dont' have box scores and started late.

Nazar won his match

Dake tech

DT 3-1 over a tough Iranian

Heflin lost by a couple, have no idea what happened in that match.  It was being stopped by the ref of challenged the whole time.

Synder tech over the guy Sad beat in the Russian finals.  Seriously the biggest 97kilo guy ever

Gwiz loses 6-5 to the world champ.