70  Naderi dec Gomez, 2-2  PP

74  Kulchytskyy dec Elyasi 5-4  PP

79  Dake tech Afzali, 12-0  ST

86  Taylor dec Karimi 3-1  PP

92  Shabazi dec Heflin 4-2  PP

97  Snyder tech Batsiev, 11-0  ST

125 Petriashvili dec Gwiazdowski 6-5  PP

Easy Pipe Kasham over Titan Mercury, 6-4

@Shiraz123 - not so bad considering the holes in TMWC's lineup!

Edited by pamela

That was insane, the ref was terrible.  Stopped it so fast every time Heflin had a front head or chest wrap.  I thought Royce Alger might get arrested!

Thought the same thing, his legs were gigantic and he had like 6 inches on Snyder

To be fair, that statement is true of Royce Alger on most days. Not just specifically today. 

Well, I thought most of our guys did really well, I think Gilman had a great tourney, and even though he dropped his last match, it was pretty tight. I think he will learn from this and build upon it.

Nazar, also had a great tourney, he was up a weight and ran the table, good for him.

Dake, he was like a little terminator, he got in and went right to work, and piled up the points. I believe he went unscored upon. I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do here at this weight.

DT, was also on the winning side of things, and I think he should be able to build on this.

Heflin, I'm not sure what kind of international experience he has, but he looked pretty comfortable out there, I was impressed, and I think if he wrestles that guy in the finals again, he will prevail.

Capt. America was his typical self, although he did give up a couple of takedowns in his early matches, his constant pressure wore everyone down. I am glad to see that he did get a couple of trap arm guts, hopefully he can continue to develop his ability to turn people.

Gwiz looks really good, I know he lost in the finals but I think this tourney shows that he is getting better, and I think this was a positive sign going forward.

All in all, I'm glad that all of the guys got the chance to experience this, and they are better wrestles for it.

Edited by de4856

My only question, and call it sour grapes or whatever you want to call it, is do these "club teams" with all of these international studs really compete as a club?

Easy Pipe is an Iranian club with the following athletes:

Easy Pipe was represented by 2017 World champion Geno Petriashvilli of Georgia at heavyweight

Next up, Easy Pipe’s Vladimir Khinchegashvili, a 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World champion for Georgia

Vladislav Baitsaev of Russia, a Russian National runner-up and past Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix champion

Do these guys train in Iran?  All of he USA guys train do.

My only question, and call it sour grapes or whatever you want to call it, is do these "club teams" with all of these international studs really compete as a club?

Easy Pipe is an Iranian club with the following athletes:

Easy Pipe was represented by 2017 World champion Geno Petriashvilli of Georgia at heavyweight

Next up, Easy Pipe’s Vladimir Khinchegashvili, a 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World champion for Georgia

Vladislav Baitsaev of Russia, a Russian National runner-up and past Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix champion

Do these guys train in Iran?  All of he USA guys train do.

It's a club, they can get who ever is willing to compete for them.  They don't have to compete in Iran in order to be eligible.   They were looking to get  Burroughs for this.   

Great Job Titan Mercury with another finals appearance.   

Where is Gwiz training? I could not believe that he is right there and is continually improving. He hung with a very athletic big heavyweight champ! He was teched by Gino 6 months ago or was that Akgul? Snyder beating the Russian #1 guy at 213 with utter ease-P4P best in the stinkin world! Dake world champ! Taylor maybe. Our team will be favorites to win it again in 2018!

Edited by PRyan2012

Where is Gwiz training? I could not believe that he is right there and is continually improving. He hung with a very athletic big heavyweight champ! He was teched by Gino 6 months ago or was that Akgul? Snyder beating the Russian #1 guy at 213 with utter ease-P4P best in the stinkin world! Dake world champ! Taylor maybe. Our team will be favorites to win it again in 2018!

Akgul.  I think he did wrestle Geno once and get teched though.  Maybe at the world cup last year?

Well, even though Titan Mercury didn't win the entire thing, it was a great team effort, and a congrats to the Titan Mercury Wrestling Club. The success of the team and our guys, has me looking forward with anticipation to seeing our guys compete again. I think this success helps energize USA Wrestling, it's wrestlers, and the fans. Lastly, I think the guys got five pretty high quality matches, which has to be very beneficial for them going forward into 2018.

Didn't get a chance to see any of the matches yet but it is great to see Dake and Taylor get more international competition. Plus if you can do that well in Iran......

And hats off to Gwiz. This guy just keeps improving. Geno is awesome. I gotta see the match. 

Edited by 2td3nf

Didn't get a chance to see any of the matches yet but it is great to see Dake and Taylor get more international competition. Plus if you can do that well in Iran......

And hats off to Gwiz. This guy just keeps improving. Geno is awesome. I gotta see the match. 

Geno was injured, he made one match in the final. 

Ur welcome! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-FBGyLSPHU&t

The guy Synder is wrestling is HUGE, how does he make this weight?

Baitsaev? He's also the guy that came very close to beating Sadulaev up at 97kg in 2017 Russian Nationals. Sadulaev beat him like 8-7 or something iirc.

The match of Snyder vs. Baitsev: 

Snyder looked amazing. Russia is weak at 97kg now if Sadulaev moves out, with Gatsalov and Gadisov gone.

Sadulaev: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVFGmnoRco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2E-agG43U

Sadulaev looks small even for 92kg but still teched people and did not get scored on. 

Seems Geno got injured, still won though.

The match of Snyder vs. Baitsev: 

Snyder looked amazing. Russia is weak at 97kg now if Sadulaev moves out, with Gatsalov and Gadisov gone.

Sadulaev: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVFGmnoRco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2E-agG43U

Sadulaev looks small even for 92kg but still teched people and did not get scored on. 

Seems Geno got injured, still won though.

his weight is 94 kilos, of course guys who frist time competed at 92 have walk around weight - 100-102 kilos. 

Baytsaiv is heavy, competes at 125 kilos, his weight about 115 kilos

He gassed bad. He was done at the end of the first. He didn't look as if he was ready for the pace of Snyder. To be fair him and the rest of the world. Thanks for the links! Edited by sgallan