Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

PSU vs. Lehigh, Sunday Dual

Try saying this Tbar. Penn State was not that impressive in their close win over Lehigh. Can you do it?

They weren't impressive, that's a given.  Hall, Nevills and Nickal didn't put up convincing wins and Cortez didn't seem to care.  

That being said, if you put Joseph and Lee in the lineup and have a healthy Nickal it would have been a very comfortable win/blowout.

Schnupp is a first year walk-on???????????

Funny, I remember when he was part of the Warwick HS Letter of Intent Signees on TV in November 2015. Funny, The PSU roster shows him as RS-Fr with a 5-8 record in opens last season. He was signed as a likely 4 yr able to make 125 with little notice guy (Like Burkett at Lehigh).

I guess you consider him a walk-on because he is not given wrestling money. So I guess Mike and Mark Lieberman were walk-ons with 3 NCAA titles, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, because they got no scholarship money.

And Cassar lost to a nobody from Bucknell.

It's just silly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kolat, Billman within a few years. Haines/Marsteller never set foot on campus (as a PSU student) but ...

I suppose you could mention Scott Moore.

I feel that there was another in the 90s but can't come up with it.

Shhh...you just lost most PSU fans. They have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Walk ons do not sign NLI’s, as there is nothing to sign for.

That is correct, however, plenty of athletes who are going to a college to wrestle sign a blank piece of paper as part of the "signing day" Even though they are not getting any money.  My local school does it all the time...They will put out a release, that 14 athletes signed to continue their college athletic careers.

They weren't impressive, that's a given. Hall, Nevills and Nickal didn't put up convincing wins and Cortez didn't seem to care.

That being said, if you put Joseph and Lee in the lineup and have a healthy Nickal it would have been a very comfortable win/blowout.

Finally, a PSU fan who knows how to call it straight. A given to some. Blasphemy to a select few others who need to chill way the F out.

Cael Sanderson wasn’t always impressive. Jordan Burroughs is most certainly not always impressive. Even John Smith, in winning his second Olympic gold, had his unimpressive moments (he even lost a match). That’s not insulting those guys. It’s just truth.

Shhh...you just lost most PSU fans. They have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Well, wrestling was invented in 2010 ya' know. How are we supposed to know about guys like Kolat and Scott Moore? 

Kolat, Billman within a few years. Haines/Marsteller never set foot on campus (as a PSU student) but ...

I suppose you could mention Scott Moore.

I feel that there was another in the 90s but can't come up with it.

Nate Parker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oklahoma not Lock Haven

Remember Pre-Lock Haven Studies requires pretty good grades to become a Bald Eagle. Actually, I had a HS Classmate-Teammate, who decided to attend Alabama (PSU's Southern Sister School?) who decided to attend Lock Haven his sophomore year, and LHSC would only accept A's for credit from Alabama. (I don't think he had any A's in High School)

Edited by RichB

Young wrestlers will evaluate us, judge us - if you will, by the words that we choose to use. 

Imagine * a world where all wrestling fans share bonafide wrestling stories. All-respectful

in nature. Some funny, some serious, some seriously funny. Yet all-respectful.

Yo some fresh stuff, you ask. How bout a team that has possibilities to repeat w/oh say 6 hammers/lots of B Ps to boot. And, the return of their coach Cael. AKA the ever popular ankle pick-in professor?

A devilish team out west that has some studs in their uppers a la a guy that they call Z. V. top. How bout a team back east that has a clean cut looking bear of a man. I mean the guy has won everything that there is to win in our sport.    Good Ambassador for our sport.....he is. Yes, he is back for another year of college eligibility. His last.....all of the college big guys are hoping : )

We must know where we have been & what we are doing.....before we can determine where

to go with this grand-old sport of ours.

*  With apologies to John

Edited by denny

That foot sweep was the sweetest TD I've seen all year so far.

It was a thing of beauty, almost choreographed the way it seemed to happen in slow motion - both times he hit that foot sweep.

I am also in favor of giving Jason Nolf a bonus point for having the straightest ankle bands left on the mat. It still cracks me up!

Hoffman from Bucknell was probably a higher recruit coming out of HS than Cassar. His brother is #1 and headed to Ohio State.

That was a response to the PSU fans who mentioned Cassar lost to a nobody. Everyone in PA knows who the Hoffman brothers are, just not some PSU bandwagon fans.

Finally, a PSU fan who knows how to call it straight. A given to some. Blasphemy to a select few others who need to chill way the F out.

Cael Sanderson wasn’t always impressive. Jordan Burroughs is most certainly not always impressive. Even John Smith, in winning his second Olympic gold, had his unimpressive moments (he even lost a match). That’s not insulting those guys. It’s just truth.

You seem to have trouble with the definition of Impressive-adjective. 1. having the ability to impress the mind; arousing admiration, awe, respect, etc.; moving; admirable:

At 165 PSU wrestles a 149 RS FR against a ranked Lehigh wrestler and keep it to MD.  I mean, I agree Pipher wasn't impressive in that he was never a threat to beat Wolf.  But you don't think an unranked RS FR wrestling up 2 weights, not only avoiding a pin but keeping it to a MD against a ranked wrestler earned respect or admiration?