Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

PSU vs. Lehigh, Sunday Dual

Also, this dual will be held at a sold out PPL Center making it the largest crowd in Lehigh history. Not on campus.

I'd love to see Preisch pull off the upset as well.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

As controversial as the takedown may have been in the finals, if Gabe Dean could not knock off Nickal, I do not see Preisch doing it either.

Reason would suggest that Hall should be favored, based on ranking and last year's post-season.  But if they wrestled ten times, I could see if being a 5-5 or 6-4 split.  Kutler wins by a point this weekend.  

Of the current 'big three at 174',  I think Kutler matches up best against Hall.  I could see Valencia's and BoJo's size being too much for him.

imho, Kutler would have been top four at 157 last year had he not outgrew the class. 

Career records:  Kutler is 19-1; Hall is 39-3

I'm not sure what the point is off posting records when Kutler didn't wrestle at NCAAs and had 12 less matches overall. How many more losses if he wrestled several more times including NCAAs? Bottom line is Hall is a NCAA Champion and Kutler didn't even participate. This match won't be that close, Hall is a bad matchup for Kutler (and most others) and will win by several if not by Fall.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

All of that is possible. Lehigh has a very good squad this year, but hard to pick anyone from 149 thru Hwt. as PSU is the favorite at all those weights. But you are correct, there are some that are close enough that they can go Lehigh's way, especially on their campus.

The match is at the new Allentown PPL Arena which is not on campus.

It's going to be a decisive penn state crowd.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So why is Keener eligible in his sixth year?.In 2012-13 he was on the Cent Michigan roster (redshirting behind Sentes).. No hint that he was injured. No mention on either site where he was in 2015-16, but unless he was in military or on a religious mission, the clock should have been running..

So why is Keener eligible in his sixth year?.In 2012-13 he was on the Cent Michigan roster (redshirting behind Sentes).. No hint that he was injured. No mention on either site where he was in 2015-16, but unless he was in military or on a religious mission, the clock should have been running..

Qualified for a sixth year.  Redshirted in 12-13 but did not wrestle any matches due to injury, did not compete in 15-16(assuming an injury also).

I predict there will be more Penn State fans than Lehigh fans at this match.

Lehigh only drew 1,181 for Edinboro and 1,755 for then #4 Michigan. 

I remember when Lehigh used to pack Grace for wrestle-offs or at least it seemed like it.

I think you might be right

Lehigh only drew 1,181 for Edinboro and 1,755 for then #4 Michigan. 

I remember when Lehigh used to pack Grace for wrestle-offs or at least it seemed like it.

I think you might be right

Keep in mind the Edinboro was a lower top-20 opponent on the Friday night before Lehigh-Lafayette.  Friday night for Lehigh-Lafayette is analogous to homecoming at other schools.  A lot of alumni come back for the game, but Friday evening is really the kickoff for the social aspect of the weekend.  Read the Lehigh board & you'll see a lot of complaints about doing Friday-Sunday home duals straddled around the Lehigh-Lafayette Saturday.

Regarding Hall... keep in mind his insane ability to have a close match, and then follow up with an absolute butt whipping.  Think about his most recent Jr. World Championship... lot's of "oh man, I hope he can handle this guy" types of commentary... then BOOM... no contest.  

Just saying that Hall has some pretty slick skills, and if he chooses, I feel he could choose to employ them.  

Should be a fun match. Kutler winning close wouldn’t be crazy, but neither would Hall blowing him out.

Hall tech would be crazy. Probably less likely that a Kutler win.

Hall pin seems possible, although he tends to do that to lower level guys.

If Hall turns into a bonus machine like the three others, PSU will be impossible to catch even if Hall places 3rd

Hall tech would be crazy. Probably less likely that a Kutler win.

Hall pin seems possible, although he tends to do that to lower level guys.

If Hall turns into a bonus machine like the three others, PSU will be impossible to catch even if Hall places 3rd

Halls already a bonus point machine. You see what he did to the guys at the Keystone Classic? I think he pinned his way through the whole thing.