• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#301 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Btw nerd, you seem literally stuck on one word and its derivatives. Impressive. unimpressive. 

Seriously, Michigan was down one starter vs. Lehigh and ranked the #4 team in the country and they got blown out at Lehigh. Penn State was down 2 starters and wrestling a guy at 125 that was not ever truly expected to be the starter at that weight. Plus, Nickal was less than 100%, otherwise they don't weigh in Van Cura. 

And PSU still won. Sorry, but that is winning with not just a hand tied behind your back, but a foot tied as well. That IS impressive. 

No other team in the country could pull that off against a team as strong as Lehigh. Not even Ohio State, which themselves got their own doors blown off vs. an even lesser talented Lehigh squad a couple years ago when they were down a man. 

Edited by TBar1977, 04 December 2017 - 05:40 AM.

• Flying-Tiger and pish6969 like this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#302 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

What I don’t like: overzealous so-called fans who have such little objectivity that they resort to name-calling the moment someone, no matter how objectively, says something that is not outright sycophantic.

Who resorts to name calling? I get called more names around here than anyone and I basically just try to shrug it off with humor. And if you don't like the fact that PSU fans are happy with their program and don't go off on childish unproductive rants when things don't go 100% their way i.e. they maintain some true perspective, then that's your problem, not theirs. 

• denny and pish6969 like this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#303 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

If Nickal was hurt or truly sick and that’s why he was unimpressive, at least there’s a reason for why he was so. I’ll leave it at that. I fully expect him to return to impressive form in short order.

#304 PANewbie

PANewbie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

125, 133, 141, 165 were very, very far from impressive. Just because you’re not a starter and suck doesn’t automatically absolve you from being unimpressive. 149 and 157 were very impressive, as usual. The rest of the squad turned in bla performances, especially highly ranked AA Nevills against a frosh who gave himself a great shot at an upset due to Nevills letting him.

Conclusion: overall, not their best showing by a mile. Not impressive. This is a team that had 5 NCAA champs last year and prides itself on bonus bonus bonus fun fun fun.

Now go ahead and call me a hater or whatever, but anyone with a remotely decent understanding of the sport and an unbiased perspective knows I’m telling the truth. They’re still Penn State, the best team in the country (for now). But they friggin mailed it in against Lehigh.

I agree that 141 was unimpressive. But 125 while a starter is also a walk-on and not in any way in Cruz' class.  133 is a backup.  To me they were neither impressive nor unimpressive.  The Lehigh guys did what they were supposed to do...roll 6's.  I disagree with you on 165.  At 165, a PSU Freshman was asked to wrestle up 2 weights against a ranked Lehigh wrestler. Lehigh was supposed to roll a 6 here did not.  Pipher wrestled better than expected no 2 ways about it.

Retherford and Nolf got 6 and 5 so they bonused as expected. Joseph was out/injured. Hall and Nickal were wrestling top 5 guys-no real expectation of bonus points there.  Wood is a ranked 285 so no bonus expectations there either.  Your bonus/fun-fun-fun BS is disingenuous at best.  If you have a remotely decent understanding of the sport, it certainly isn't evident from this thread.

Edited by PANewbie, 04 December 2017 - 03:48 AM.

• pish6969 likes this

#305 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

For a guy who calls himself a newbie, you sure have a big mouth. Fine, PSU was damned impressive. Every single guy did the very best they could and made Cael proud. Except Cortez. PSU clearly showed why they are going to easily dismantle tOSU this year and break Gable’s records in the coming years. It was extremely impressive to watch, the kind of performance you show HS wrestlers to pump them up for states and feature on recurring visits. Bad ass impressiviry to The Maximus. I hereby take back everything I said.

#306 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

For a guy who calls himself a newbie, you sure have a big mouth. Fine, PSU was damned impressive. Every single guy did the very best they could and made Cael proud. Except Cortez. PSU clearly showed why they are going to easily dismantle tOSU this year and break Gable’s records in the coming years. It was extremely impressive to watch, the kind of performance you show HS wrestlers to pump them up for states and feature on recurring visits. Bad ass impressiviry to The Maximus. I hereby take back everything I said.

You have resorted to trolling now. I thought you were better than this, nerd. 

#307 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

So all of Surianno's points the next 3 years should be considered Penn State's? Does that mean all the points Teasdale earm the next few years should actually go to Iowa? All of Conoway's bouts should retroactively be considered PSU Forfeits, since he was certainly going to Liberty Baptist?

Oh, and I guess Lehigh should retroactively consider Trenge a 4 time national champ, since before his eye problem was discovered at the end of his freshman dual meet season, he had already defeated both 197 finalists. And that means Carl was only a 3 time champ  

#308 PANewbie

PANewbie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

I didn't say 'impressive' either and I was not looking for that. No one expects you to juggle Cael's b@ll$. You seem to be the one with the big mouth.  You just can't hack it when you screw up and get called on it (by 2-3 other posters besides me).  No big deal, everyone screws up.  Own it and STFU.

Edited by PANewbie, 04 December 2017 - 05:02 AM.

#309 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

So all of Surianno's points the next 3 years should be considered Penn State's? Does that mean all the points Teasdale earm the next few years should actually go to Iowa? All of Conoway's bouts should retroactively be considered PSU Forfeits, since he was certainly going to Liberty Baptist?

Oh, and I guess Lehigh should retroactively consider Trenge a 4 time national champ, since before his eye problem was discovered at the end of his freshman dual meet season, he had already defeated both 197 finalists. And that means Carl was only a 3 time champ

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969, 04 December 2017 - 05:11 AM.

• PSUMike likes this

#310 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

Schnupp is a first year walk-on???????????

Funny, I remember when he was part of the Warwick HS Letter of Intent Signees on TV in November 2015. Funny, The PSU roster shows him as RS-Fr with a 5-8 record in opens last season. He was signed as a likely 4 yr able to make 125 with little notice guy (Like Burkett at Lehigh).

I guess you consider him a walk-on because he is not given wrestling money. So I guess Mike and Mark Lieberman were walk-ons with 3 NCAA titles, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, because they got no scholarship money.    

#311 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

PANEWBIE. Didn't feel i need to re-post his quote since about 4 others had already done so. But you obviously just post without reading.

#312 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

I didn't say 'impressive' either and I was not looking for that. No one expects you to juggle Cael's b@ll$. You seem to be the one with the big mouth.  You just can't hack it when you screw up and get called on it (by 2-3 other posters besides me).  No big deal, everyone screws up.  Own it and STFU.

Where exactly was I wrong? How can an opinion be wrong?? 

#313 PANewbie

PANewbie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:56 AM

Where exactly was I wrong? How can an opinion be wrong?? 

OK, so by that response we now know you're a politician.  That explains a lot.  Have a great rest of the day...

#314 pish6969

pish6969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:06 AM

Hey smart guy. If you are talking to someone specifically you should quote so others can follow the logic.

That being said the jibberish you posted here has nothing to do with what PANewb said.

When did he claim Surianos points would go to PSU or teasdales to Iowa?

Your post made no sense at all and that’s why I was questioning who you were talking to. Now that you’ve told me it still doesn’t make sense. Good job though. Quality post

• AllISeeIsBronze likes this

#315 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

Try saying this Tbar. Penn State was not that impressive in their close win over Lehigh. Can you do it?

Edited by WildTurkey44, 04 December 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#316 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? 

#317 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hey smart guy. If you are talking to someone specifically you should quote so others can follow the logic.

That being said the jibberish you posted here has nothing to do with what PANewb said.

When did he claim Surianos points would go to PSU or teasdales to Iowa?

Your post made no sense at all and that’s why I was questioning who you were talking to. Now that you’ve told me it still doesn’t make sense. Good job though. Quality post

PANEWBIE said "You're serious? PSU with backups at 125 (given Suriano's late Xfr),    .... " 

Schnupp is not the backup, he is the clear starter. But Newbie implies Schnupp should be considered a Backup to Suriano because he transferred to Rutgers with only a few months notice.

Of course a PSU fan, and I believe it was PISH,  said Schnupp was both a true Frosh and a walk on. A simple look at PSU's roster shows you he wrestled there last year. And to think that a two time state place winner, the winning-est wrestler in the history of  program as strong as Warwick who signed a NLoI on TV was a walk on???.

Edited by RichB, 04 December 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#318 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

Worth noting, Pipher reportedly weighed in at 155. That's a lot of size to give up as you know his opponent isn't walking around at 165. 

#319 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

PANEWBIE said "You're serious? PSU with backups at 125 (given Suriano's late Xfr),    .... " 

Schnupp is not the backup, he is the clear starter. But Newbie implies Schnupp should be considered a Backup to Suriano because he transferred to Rutgers with only a few months notice.

Of course a PSU fan, and I believe it was PISH,  said Schnupp was both a true Frosh and a walk on. A simple look at PSU's roster shows you he wrestled there last year. And to think that a two time state place winner, the winning-est wrestler in the history of  program as strong as Warwick who signed a NLoI on TV was a walk on???.

Thomas Haines was a 4x PA state champ who verbal-ed with PSU, but was scholarship $ was turned away by them due to signing Nevils. Had he still gone to PSU the normal route he would have been a walk on. Not too difficult to see Schnupp being a walk on their considering PSU thought they would have Suriano for 4 years.

• pish6969 likes this

#320 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Thomas Haines was a 4x PA state champ who verbal-ed with PSU, but was scholarship $ was turned away by them due to signing Nevils. Had he still gone to PSU the normal route he would have been a walk on. Not too difficult to see Schnupp being a walk on their considering PSU thought they would have Suriano for 4 years.

You Penn State fans with your silly little nuances, perspective and accepting things for what they are. Stoke your inner outrage already!

Edited by TBar1977, 04 December 2017 - 08:23 AM.

• pish6969 and BigTenFanboy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users