• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

Olympian - Silver medalist Mark Madsen joins MMA is final. We will not see this tough guy on the mat anymore :c

Let's remember the best moments of Danish magic man 

• xander, Coach_J and cjc007 like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#2 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Guy was as tough as they come.  A real Viking.  I wish him well in the octagon and hope he can cash in, not get injured, and honor the sport of wrestling.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#3 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Well, Madsen has four World Silvers, a World Bronze, and an Olympic Siver, he's had a great career. He is also 33 years old, so if he can make some money before he gets too old, good for him. I'm not sure what money he has or what his current state of finances are, but hopefully he is doing this because he wants to, not because he has to.
I would've kind of like to see him become Denmark's Greco coach. The Nordic countries are the same force they used to be in Greco, and perhaps someone with his experience might be able to change that.
  • Housebuye likes this

#4 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Where has this outstanding competitor signed on to compete cage figthing?  

#5 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

Beat. Wish he had taken home at least one gold.

He medaled in the 2005 worlds and the 2016 Olympics. Super long career!

He was also training in MMA for most of that span. If he had solely focused on wrestling, he would have way more medals. Not knocking him. In fact, I think given that he was cross training it is even more impressive.

#6 olddirty

olddirty

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

I always liked Marko.  He came to train with us probably 20 times when I was at the OTC.  Always very prepared and focused.  However, when it came to sports outside of wrestling or lifting, I always wondered how he was so good at wrestling but so bad at other sports.  Maybe its a cultural thing, not sure, but I am hoping he gets his jiujitsu on point.  Not confident in how he could translate his wrestling skills into striking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users