Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Cliff Kleen thread

Massa get hurt in his match?

Yes.  He screamed out in pain.  Seemed like it was all over given how he was writhing in pain .........  he continued but didn't look like he could really power off his leg (can't remember which one was hurt). 

Massa lost to Wick of Wisconsin who is off to a great start this year (I think a rs freshman).  Honestly, I didn't think Wick had the first td, but was in deep on a 2nd td (I think he got it earlier but ref missed it) and in the crackdown position Massa screamed out in pain.  Wick was about to go up 4-1 before the injury.  One thing to note that I really respect out of Wick is that when he had a choice after the injury he chose neutral instead of choosing down and getting a point in the first period.  He also was about to get the td and when Massa screamed Wick let up and pushed away instead of finishing for the td.  

Massa lost to Wick of Wisconsin who is off to a great start this year (I think a rs freshman).  Honestly, I didn't think Wick had the first td, but was in deep on a 2nd td (I think he got it earlier but ref missed it) and in the crackdown position Massa screamed out in pain.  Wick was about to go up 4-1 before the injury.  One thing to note that I really respect out of Wick is that when he had a choice after the injury he chose neutral instead of choosing down and getting a point in the first period.  He also was about to get the td and when Massa screamed Wick let up and pushed away instead of finishing for the td.  

Good points.  I'm a badger homer, so I'm biased, of course.  But, my perspective is that Massa sustained a knee injury at the 2:12 mark but Wick was just about to score another TD.  However, it doesn't seem that the knee injury hampered Massa after that.  The rest of the match was a bit uneventful, although Wick seemed to be in control.  But, near the end of the 3rd period it seemed pretty obvious something was wrong with Massa.  My guess is the flu.  Seriously.  He doesn't normally gas, but he was toast.