nom

Rankings

Good luck to the rankers this week. Crazy upsets from low ranked guys make it a fun challenge.

Try 133 in particular. Anyone want to give it a shot after Gross?

Also, I give up on finding flo's rankings.

Pletcher should be 2nd. He has the best win out of Brock/Parker and hasn’t lost. Brock has

Ahead of Parker, who has already beaten four top 20s - including Brock and Terao? Missed his chance at Micic, who sat out the dual. Parker > Pletcher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahead of Parker, who has already beaten four top 20s - including Brock and Terao? Missed his chance at Micic, who sat out the dual. Parker > Pletcher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

. pletcher over Parker in the rankings right now would be silly.

. pletcher over Parker in the rankings right now would be silly.

Pletcher has wins over 2 and wherever you put Terao, Naser and Tutolo

Parker has wins over 3, Terao, Korbin Myers and Gustafson (15?)

Are you putting Parker above him because of the Gustafson win? Pletcher has the better win of the two and has the same 2nd best win.

Both are undefeated

Pletcher has wins over 2 and wherever you put Terao, Naser and Tutolo

Parker has wins over 3, Terao, Korbin Myers and Gustafson (15?)

Are you putting Parker above him because of the Gustafson win? Pletcher has the better win of the two and has the same 2nd best win.

Both are undefeated

Same reason I don’t put LaMont #3 at 125. He beat Lizak so why not just hop Picc and Cruz?

Same reason I don’t put LaMont #3 at 125. He beat Lizak so why not just hop Picc and Cruz?

Because Cruz won last year and Picc beat him this year and placed 4th last year. Lamont also has 2 losses this season.

Pletcher was seeded 12th last year, hasn’t lost and has wins over #2, another top 10 and 2 borderline top 20 guys.

Parker was seeded 9th last year, has a win over #3, the same top 10 and 2 other top 20 guys.

Want to see Terao and Desanto. Wondering if he can get any of his judo inspired counter offense going as Dosanto is constantly pressuring him. That stuff can come out of nowhere for a wrestler that’s constantly moving forward. Dosanto’s solid head defense may help nullify some of what Terao could get in to do though. Still could be an interesting style matchup if Terao pulls a little more from his Judo background.

Edited by MadMardigain

Want to see Terao and Desanto. Wondering if he can get any of his judo inspired counter offense going as Dosanto is constantly pressuring him. That stuff can come out of nowhere for a wrestler that’s constantly moving forward. Dosanto’s solid head defense may help nullify some of what Terao could get in to do though. Still could be an interesting style matchup if Terao pulls a little more from his Judo background.

EIWA.  Parker-Terao-DeSanto

Duals:

Dec 10:  Parker-DeSanto, Lehigh @ Drexel

Jan 12:  Parker-Terao, American @ Lehigh

Feb 11:  Terao-DeSanto, Drexel @ American

133 Scuffle:

Parker

Brock

Mueller

DeSanto

Keener

* tOSU and Michigan usually send partial teams (backups)

Edited by lu_alum

EIWA. Parker-Terao-DeSanto

Duals:

Dec 10: Parker-DeSanto, Lehigh @ Drexel

Jan 12: Parker-Terao, American @ Lehigh

Feb 11: Terao-DeSanto, Drexel @ American

133 Scuffle:

Parker

Brock

Mueller

DeSanto

Keener

Not sure if Ok St starters will be at Scuffle because of Italy trip a few days after.

Flo and Intermat both now have Ohio State as #1 in tourney points.  Flo seems baffled, however, and has a disclaimer about how that can change fast and no one should take them too seriously at this time.  While that's true, Flo would never have written the same thing if it was PSU in front by 20.  Bottom line--it doesn't matter.  It will all get resolved in March.

WIN should not do rankings as they clearly don't take the process seriously.  

EIWA.  Parker-Terao-DeSanto

Duals:

Dec 10:  Parker-DeSanto, Lehigh @ Drexel

Jan 12:  Parker-Terao, American @ Lehigh

Feb 11:  Terao-DeSanto, Drexel @ American

133 Scuffle:

Parker

Brock

Mueller

DeSanto

Keener

As stated above the OSU starters will be in Italy.  I do expect that Fix will be at the So Scuffle although I don't know if we will see him at 125 or 133.  

Flo and Intermat both now have Ohio State as #1 in tourney points.  Flo seems baffled, however, and has a disclaimer about how that can change fast and no one should take them too seriously at this time.  While that's true, Flo would never have written the same thing if it was PSU in front by 20.  Bottom line--it doesn't matter.  It will all get resolved in March.

WIN should not do rankings as they clearly don't take the process seriously.  

Flo should also do a tournament projection ranking that is update week to week. It should add in subjective bonus thoughts (Zain and Nolf should be allotted 7-8 bonus each, for example) and be more subjective than the rankings are.

They can also then take into account guys like Snyder starting to pin people, Myles Martin teching ranked guys, suggesting his bonus increase, etc. 

It will foster additional conversation each week, produce a ton of clicks I'm sure, and give PSU the bump that we all know they will have that cannot be reflected in the current format.

FLO - if you need someone to tackle this, I'm game 

the explanation in the Flo team tournament rankings is to be as clear as possible about how the tournament rankings are created. I'm sure it will still happen anyway but it's to dispel the myth that Flo would put Ohio State head of Penn State this year (or Oklahoma State ahead of Penn State last year) for the purpose of generating clicks and interest. While we will write speculative articles about the NCAAs to generate interest, in the case of the rankings, it is simply not so. 

but if you still want to add bonus points and declare Penn State #1 then I am officially giving you permission to do so.